RES. RESTORE

RET. RETURN

S. SAVE

SE. SETCOLOR

SO. SOUND

ST. STATUS

TR. TRAP

X. XIO

There are others but they aren't really useful because they don't save keystrokes, e.g. CLOA. FOR CLOAD

From memory...

BYE B.

CL. CLOSE

C. COLOR

CS. CSAVE

D. DATA

DR. DRAWTO

E. ENTER

F. FOR

G. GOTO

GOS. GOSUB

GR. GRAPHICS

I. INPUT

L. LIST

LO. LOAD

LOC. LOCATE

LP. LPRINT

N. NEXT

NO. NOTE

O. OPEN

P. POINT

PL. PLOT

POS. POSITION

. or R. REM

RES. RESTORE

RET. RETURN

S. SAVE

SE. SETCOLOR

SO. SOUND

ST. STATUS

TR. TRAP

X. XIO

There are others but they aren't really useful because they don't save keystrokes, e.g. CLOA. FOR CLOAD

Cheers

PRINT PR. ?

GET GE.

That's the best one- ?. It saves a bunch of keystrokes and is also common on other platforms and doesn't get expanded by BASIC. Sometimes you abbreviate stuff like DR. (DRAWTO) and others on a single line and then you can't edit the line because BASIC has expanded the keywords beyond its limit.

GE. rather than GET I guess helps if you have to write your programs if you don't have a method to save them. It saves handwriting time. Then you can OCR it back in and run a spell-check to get your program back into BASIC.

They aren't specifically coded. It works that way because GET is the first keyword that begins with the letters "GE" in the list of keywords. GOTO is the first "G" keyword, and REM is the first keyword out of all of them. PRINT is a special case, it's stored in the list both as "PRINT" and "?".

By hacking the list, you can create your own one and two-stroke keywords...making it possible to enter lines that show up using 4 to 6 40-character lines when LISTed (essentially making lines impossible to edit - but still viewable - when reloading into an unhacked BASIC).

They aren't specifically coded. It works that way because GET is the first keyword that begins with the letters "GE" in the list of keywords. GOTO is the first "G" keyword, and REM is the first keyword out of all of them. PRINT is a special case, it's stored in the list both as "PRINT" and "?".

By hacking the list, you can create your own one and two-stroke keywords...making it possible to enter lines that show up using 4 to 6 40-character lines when LISTed (essentially making lines impossible to edit - but still viewable - when reloading into an unhacked BASIC).

That's true. You can actually customize your own two-stroke keywords and still distribute the code since BASIC will expand the keywords back anyway. I suppose if you like to type and want more keystrokes, you can keep toggling the ATARI LOGO key since BASIC doesn't mind if the commands (not the args) are entered in inverse.

One of my favorite hacks (when I was into text-heavy programs) had all uppercase letters in reserved words changed to lowercase, so I didn't need to keep toggling that thing on and off or holding shift when writing a program. This was easy to hack...since the list is simple to find in a hex editor, and you only need to set bit 5 in the bytes to flip upper to lower. You can reorganize the list if you want as well (i.e. to place commands that you most often use near the top), so long as you set the last letter as inverse (high bit used as delimiter) and the two-byte address that follows the inverse character remains unchanged for that keyword.