IGNORED

Duck Attack! St. Patrick's Day edition

e1will

Does it still count as a hack if it's your own game you're hacking? I dunno. But here is an all-green version of Duck Attack! in honor of St. Patrick's Day.

An "all-green" version is always generated when I compile it so that I can verify that all parts of the code are referencing colors indirectly via palette table macros (so that both NTSC and PAL palettes are used correctly) rather than raw hex colors. So it's technically more of a compilation side effect than a hack, I guess.

The gameplay is identical to the normal version, but it's much more challenging since you can't rely on the color of the eggs to tell you which door to go to next. I did change one thing in this version: I replaced the green "1 UP" balloon with a shamrock. (OK, not technically a shamrock since it has four leaves instead of three...)

With all those caveats out of the way, here it is, in NTSC and PAL formats! Enjoy.

--Will

post-23222-12679130608_thumb.png

post-23222-126791307496_thumb.png

post-23222-126791308759_thumb.png

DUCKGR60.BIN

DUCKGR50.BIN

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The St. Patrick's Day Edition looks / plays perfect in Stella. I just wish I knew what I was doing o_O Is there a manual anywhere?

Thanks for the original title, it looks great!

GideonsDad

Thanks! Yep, there's an online manual here:

http://willnicholes.com/duck/duckattackmanual01.htm

--Will

Thank you very much Will.

GideonsDad