IGNORED

Ebayers Beware of Current Fraud/Scam SERIOUS TOPIC

JagMX

If you receive any email asking about you account information, claiming it will be cancelled if you do not update the information or to a review or anything, please forward that email to this email address:

Franklin@ebay.com

its a scam being done by some hackers, or fraud fuker/scam bastard

if you plug your info in - they get it and you're possibly screwed. Like i did and im currently tending to these matters.

I had received a phone call from ebay telling me about this and thought id pass it along to all of you.

If you already got something to this nature Contact ebay immediatly, change your password, check your credit cards, EVERYTHING.

This is not a joke

This email looked way to good to be a farse, it looks very professional as if it were coming from ebay. You can check out ebays announcment board for more info and m complaing thread to see my anger :x

Once again -a heads up for anyone else, i dont want to see anyone else get screwed.

just to let you know what kind of information they have of mine' date=' they have my:

Full name

Full home address

Phone number

Ebay username

ebay password

credit card number

social security number

primary email address[/color']

You are f*cked ! SSN alone is worth a lot of money to some people.

Sorry to hear that, hope your credit isn't all that good because the better it is the more damage they can do.

well im about to cancell my credit card and get a new one, so im not worried about that - and yeap, i got good credit, thats why im doing this now to make sure i dont get screwed.

As for my ss#, iwas xtremely worried about that at first, but no so much anymore. Im gunna keep an eye on my checking and savings account at my bank and inform them tomorrow, but im sure they are very secure and theres more to just a ssn that this bastard will need to do some damage.

i was told fromthe ebay guy that called me, that he just finished placing 150 other calls and more to come.

this really sux :x

well im about to cancell my credit card and get a new one' date=' so im not worried about that - and yeap, i got good credit, thats why im doing this now to make sure i dont get screwed.

As for my ss#, iwas xtremely worried about that at first, but no so much anymore. Im gunna keep an eye on my checking and savings account at my bank and inform them tomorrow, but im sure they are very secure and theres more to just a ssn that this bastard will need to do some damage.

i was told fromthe ebay guy that called me, that he just finished placing 150 other calls and more to come.

this really sux :x [/color']

You should be worried, give me all that info on the list and I'll have myself a new car by the morning. By tommorow evening that car is on a boat or accross the Mexican or Canadian border. Worry my friend !

Yes, you should be very worried. I deal with fraud everyday as that's my job..and if they have your SS# it's a HUGE deal. Checking your bank and Credit Card accounts will do you no good. They can and probably will try to steal your identity. They will open up accounts that you'll never know about.

What you need to do is call all 3 credit bureau's and let them know your SS# has been confiscated. This could be a very big deal Jag and a Major hassle..but one that could haunt you forever if you don't let the proper people know.

I really dislike giving out my SS# for any reason, and I get majorly ticked off when I need to provide that info for any reason to anyone whitout good cause. Many places use this number as your ID number, and I think that is just wrong.

Identity theft is no joke, it happened to my wife a few years ago. She got her purse snatched so she naturally notified the credit card companies. That's great, but little did we know that accounts were being opened in her name in other states across the country in a matter of a few days. A few weeks later she got credit card statments in the mail thanking her for opening her new accounts, and someone had charged 1000's of dollars worth of stuff on several new store credit card accounts. What a mess.

As stated above, you have to contact the3 major credit bureau's and get a FRAUD ALERT put onto your records. That means that before anyone can open a new account with your info, you must be personally contacted at a previously known address or phone number to confirm. It may already be too late, these people work fast. Good Luck.

I don't remember having to give out the SS# when signing up for ebay. I'm always wary about giving out my SS#. Weird thing is back when I was in college, that is how they identified you. When they posted up exams, your SS# was listed and your score was listed. Not sure if anyone could use that number if they didn't know your name, but I always thought it was weird.

Phil