IGNORED

TRANSPARENT TEXT-PIC

paladina

Hello,

ok I study little PMG and Graphics in TurboBasic, the PM use other memory place as Graphics memory and do not box overwriting, in this way Iam search for any DLI or other help.

The problem if I have Graphics 24 of 31 (8 or 15) I load picture and need write there other picture or text. But it make box aronud pic or text and I need transparent it. Is there any good DLI or example in turbobasic ?

my example

A

000**000

00****00

00*00*00

00****00

00*00*00

00*00*00

I need if I use TEXT 10,10,"A" in GR.24 that the 0 value become transparent to background loaded picture - DLI

And in more help If I convert or load in Memory screen a picture, that I become the 0 value transparent too... any simply USR DLI or anything possible? thx.

question...

you want to load a gr.24 pic... and then you want to print text on it? or do you want to have text fly around?

if you want to display text over the screen (like f.e. "press START to begin") you can do that with the text command of turbo basic... if placed over blank background you won't see it when using the text command. the issue is that the text command will copy the graphics over the graphics that's why you will get the "box" style... so if the character graphics contain "0" then the text command of turbo basic will not "skip" that byte but will put it on screen which results in erasing the gfx.

so little bit more info then we can talk about possible solutions...

and there is a significant difference between PMs and graphics... in PMs a "0" becomes transparent and the background will shine through (if priorities set right) while in static graphics like in gr.24 you can not make the "0" transparent... transparent to "what"?

Ok, One more TIME. Transparent the ZERO VALUE! If I have got alfabet A B or anything then the pixel - bite place where is the value zero and you can see the background of paper, tha same if I loaded picture and the value is zero then see throught.

00DDDD000

0D0000D00

0D00000D0

0D00000D0

0DDDDDDD0

I have picture in backround and I need if I load other picture or use to write text on the picture, that it do special MASK to see throught.

I HAVE picture vit BOX need to load on it picture with CIRCLE, but I need this for faster do in memory, ok?

For more look in ma previously text content DUNGEON TURBO BASIC - I need to load with mask the wall pieces :D

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/158366-dungeon-turbo-basic/page__fromsearch__1

thx.

you can do that with turbo basic but it will be slow as hell... you would need an assembler routine to do it right incl. font with masks... and you need to restore the background... not so trivial for beginners I have to admit... we do not have several playfield layers like Nintendo Gameboy... ;)