IGNORED

No More Gamecube BBA's?

sdstuff64

this is the exact thing that happened to sonys BBA. they simply didnt make as many as they people wanted. nintendo isnt anti-online, they were just cautious. if they had made a million BBAs, and they hadnt sold well, it would have sucked. so instead they aimed too low. it didnt work out, but remember that sony did the same thing. i wonder if microsoft will screw up like this...

also, if you really wanted one, a pre-order would have worked (from a ebgames.com, not a store)

Sony didn't have any for a week,and it has been almost two weeks and still no BBA.Also Sony didn't come out with a BBA mikau,a network adapter is what they have.And yes they are different.And Nintendo is antionline,they have no onlines games!PSO is online,but it's Sega.

SCREW NINTENDO! :x :x :x

Sony didn't have any for a week,and it has been almost three weeks and still no BBA.Also Sony didn't come out with a BBA mikau,a network adapter is what they have.And yes they are different.And Nintendo is antionline,they have no onlines games!PSO is online,but it's Sega.

nintendo has no currently online games, but they are developing about 5. and i think they are pretty busy with everything else they are doing right now. and the GC BBA has only been out about a week and a half. it shipped on october 29.

What's the deal with the Sony broadband adapter?  Way back when I thought they were going to let you plug any adapter into the USB.  I guess any way to soak the consumer they can.

Eric

You can use the Network Adapter to use Cable/DSL,56k and what not.Or you can plug your modem in through the USB port.Whatever floats your boat!Hope that helps! :D :) :ponder:

The lag between the maturation of PC online gaming and console online gaming is truly baffling to me.

The console manufactures have repeatedly misplayed the rollout of online hardware and software has been too slow to catch up.

Maybe part of this has to do with the link between online play and hard drives. MMORPGs and the like really cry out for a lot of save-game storage. I don't know what the excuse is.

As it says on that website, it's not that they quit making them, it's just that retailers can't get any. I think Nintendo is just doing what any buisnes would do, sell a few to see how much they can get for em.

Well I have had mine preordered and I am still waiting.I have called the store everyday hoping that they got the BBAs in,but no luck yet.Damnit. :x :roll: :sad:

• 2 months later...

Is availability still an issue? I was in Target on Long Island on Saturday and they had 4 GC Broadband adapters. They were $34.99 each. I seemed to remember something about this on the boards and found this older thread. Is anybody is still looking, check your local Target.

i wouldn't bother getting online with the GC until that controller/keyboard comes out (for anything less than $75 import!). Anyone who's played PSO on the Dreamcast without a keyboard will know how pointless it is.