IGNORED

Setting up your 8-bit computers.

Allan

Know that I have finished my computer room I am setting up my computers and game systems. I've built some boxes for my monitors to save some counter space. I was wondering what people have done to find accessable places for all their 8-bit computer peripherals. I'm just trying to get some ideas.

Allan

post-187-126884203029_thumb.jpg

post-187-126884204462_thumb.jpg

post-187-126884205808_thumb.jpg

post-187-126884207128_thumb.jpg

I really like the platforms you've made for the monitors with disk drives underneath. I just got my new "Atari" desk last week, but it's already looking cluttered:

post-21964-126884777051_thumb.jpg

Fortunately it does have some deep shelving at the side:

post-21964-126884794748_thumb.jpg

Edited by flashjazzcat

I really like the platforms you've made for the monitors with disk drives underneath.

I recently saw a notice of this in another thread too but sometimes the Atari 1050's diskdrives don't like a CRT that close. Years ago it drove me nuts. My 1050-Speedy and 1050-Speedy-DS both stopped working and as soon I started to investigate what was going on, and hereby moving my drives, I couldn't find a thing. They just worked and as soon as everything was put back to their default location they stopped functioning again.

The XF551's didn't have this problem.

Go up, young man!

Power supplies under the monitor. Disk cases (5.25s under the 3.5s) on top of the monitor. Drives stacked above the printer. Books over the drives.

I never have to leave my chair - if I could get her to deliver my food in here...

Bob

I think I'm going to reverse the 1050 and the XF351.

post-14708-126886292832_thumb.jpg

Know that I have finished my computer room I am setting up my computers and game systems. I've built some boxes for my monitors to save some counter space. I was wondering what people have done to find accessable places for all their 8-bit computer peripherals. I'm just trying to get some ideas.

Allan

Go up, young man!

I think your right, Bob. I did a quick drawing of what I think I'm going to try to build tomorrow. This should hold my monitor plus all my peripherals. Pardon my sloppy writing and drawing.

Allan

post-187-126888000219_thumb.jpg

Well, here's how it came out. I realize now the monitor is way to high. I think what I am going to do is cut both the bottom boxes down about six inches. It will still give me room in the back of the computer but still give me room on the side to stack at least two drives high and also give a much better height for the monitor.

Allan

post-187-126901970465_thumb.jpg