IGNORED

Nearing the 100 cart milestone-how am I doing?

Despina83

I've collected 78 cartridges so far over the years...chime in and let me know what games you think I should seek out next (I know Adventure and Warlords are obvious standouts). Here's what I've got so far:

I think you're doing pretty good, actually. There's some really great games on your list. You know which ones I mean. And you're doing especially good if you hunted down all those games from thrifts, flea markets, and yard sales. That's how I built the bulk of my collection. Although, admittedly, it was a lot easier for me to build a collection having started several years before you.

Pitfall II is a must-have game, so keep a keen eye out for its chocolate brown cartridge label.

H.E.R.O. is another great game you simply must have. I didn't find my copy of H.E.R.O. in the wild until I had over 300 titles. I regret missing out on all those years I could have been playing it. If I had known it was so good, I would have paid double the price it goes for on eBay without batting an eye.

Good luck with your collection!

Edited by Pitfall Harry

I love Jawbreaker but I never bought it because I play on a 7800, and Tigervision gams don't work with it unless you take the system apart and and modify it. I have a 2600 Jr., but I don't have the hookups for it. I guess some people would cry foul for only playing 2600 games on a 7800, but it's the 7800 that has nostalgia value for me. Robot Tank works fine on it too.

you don't really need anything special to turn on the 2600jr. use the same joysticks and a 9V adapter. get a cheap one from radio shack or whatever. one with multiple adapters.

jr uses the one that looks like a nail.

oh! you also need an RF cable :)

Today I had occasion to go downtown and stopped at a little shack that sells all kinds of games. I picked up Winter Games, Quick Step, Skiing, Barnstorming, Chopper Command, Starmaster, Night Driver, and Demon Attack. Sadly, nothing in my collection has come from thrifts or garage sales. It's all stuff bought online or in used game stores. I've never found any Atari games from thrifts or garage/yard sales. Therefore, I've spent more money on all these games than should have been spent.

Pitfall II and Bump N Jump are definitely worth picking up. And every 2600 collection needs a copy of Adventure. :cool:

Haven't tried Bump n Jump, but I agree with most of the other comments. And as for adventure. I have 235 unique titles, and do not have Atari Adventure, I do have it in Sears, but haven't stumbled across an Atari labeled one yet.

Today I had occasion to go downtown and stopped at a little shack that sells all kinds of games. I picked up Winter Games, Quick Step, Skiing, Barnstorming, Chopper Command, Starmaster, Night Driver, and Demon Attack. Sadly, nothing in my collection has come from thrifts or garage sales. It's all stuff bought online or in used game stores. I've never found any Atari games from thrifts or garage/yard sales. Therefore, I've spent more money on all these games than should have been spent.

Those are some good pick ups. Don't beat yourself up over the whole finding stuff "in the wild". It is a lot harder now than it used to be. A lot of the thrifts are starting to charge a lot more for the old school stuff, even Craig's List is getting ridiculous with their prices, and you would burn a lot of gas trying to find this stuff at garage sales.

My whole collection is all eBay and online purchases. There are deals to be found there.

As for what you should get, let us know the games you like and we can suggest similar ones.