IGNORED

What happens when you turn a genesis on without a cartridge?

Shawn Sr. icon_arrow.gif A great guy.

Words of anger towards Shawn Sr. icon_arrow.gif Not so great.

Would I buy hundreds of dollars of stuff from a great guy or gal? icon_arrow.gif Yes

I think the offer to send anyone a free sega game to test a system is an act of kindness....icon_mrgreen.gif

You pm me your address and I will send you a cart from myself to test your system and another title test cart on Shawn's behalf just to show how much of a great asset Shawn Sr. really is....

• Like 1

Shawn Sr. icon_arrow.gif A great guy.

Words of anger towards Shawn Sr. icon_arrow.gif Not so great.

Would I buy hundreds of dollars of stuff from a great guy or gal? icon_arrow.gif Yes

I think the offer to send anyone a free sega game to test a system is an act of kindness....icon_mrgreen.gif

You pm me your address and I will send you a cart from myself to test your system and another title test cart on Shawn's behalf just to show how much of a great asset Shawn Sr. really is....

It does seem that Shawn's problems are with select few. I have posted things in the past that Shawn does not agree with, and he just argues his point. Might even throw and cuss or two at me. Big deal. It seems he gets along with more people than not and I own quite a few games that he made, that I would not have even known about. :) HHW

• Like 1

NES IS FOR DOUCHEBAGS

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO icon_thumbsdown.gificon_thumbsdown.gif

anywho, i didnt know that was a woman untill shawn's long post lol.

and everyone's gay for the group hug thing icon_lol.gif

:ponder::ponder::ponder:

I do have one thing to say, though. Shadow, if you have a problem of people posting pics of you, then don't post them. As soon as it is on the internet, it is free for all to use.

Edited by brandondwright

What I think got Shawn crossways with me was when I let it slip a few years back that he'd bootlegged two carts for me. He begged me not to tell anyone, which makes me believe that he didn't get permission from the designers to make them. I did apologize for the slip, and since it was in the day of unlimited edits, I edited it from my post. Now every time I get something of value, it seems to me that if I post about it, here comes good 'ol Shawn with the forum police posting some nasty and uncalled for response. It's almost as if he's jealous or something, I don't know. I acted on that, and that is exactly why I posted a picture of my LaserActive's BIOS screen.

I don't think he likes some of the things I posted that are supposed to be funny. I've always asked people to tell me, stright up, if I've offended them. I've got a simple solution, though, and that is if you don't like what I post, then put me on ignore. Not many people quote me, so it's not hard to miss me at all.

Most of the people who laughed at the picture don't know who it is. I'd like to have it removed from this thread. I can't take it down from the net, but at least it could be taken from here.

Shawn, you have no place at all to call someone ugly. Actually, that's against the forum rules, IIRC. You didn't just "find" a Halloween picture of someone with a Sega logo "somewhere on the internet". You made it, and that statement that you "found" it is a bald faced lie, just like you claiming you had permission to make a couple, no, probably more like dozens of bootleg carts and trade or sell them.

You tell me what a ban hammer is. That's one of your lines, actually, said toward someone else you wanted to play your games with. If it doesn't mean getting banned, then you tell me what it means. Seriously, I can't believe you posted the same picture again after being placed on mod preview the first time. That's almost like asking to be disciplined again.

I don't go forum to forum trashing every single one of your posts. Imagine, though, if someone did, what would happen? Let's affect your wallet some by hiring a troll to go to every thread of yours in the marketplace. What then, once your sales dry up? What happens when you're finally stuck on preview for a long time and your flames/troll posts don't ever make it to the forums? Would you stick around?

I surprised myself, though. I thought of a ton of insults I could have typed, like "Go sit on a joystick", or "Go eat some live scorpions," or "Why not swallow a Genesis cart so no more foolish words come out?" But, no. Instead, have a great evening, Shawn. I hope you enjoy time with family and/or friends.

-------------

What is it about the internet? Why is it that some people change so much when they are behind the keyboard? I've known several people both in real life and behind the screen who have been totally different in each situation. I suspect there are many more like that whom I've never met in real life.

I try to say the same things online that I'd say in real life. And yes, there are times on here that if they'd been in real life there would have been an argument. Matter or fact I think I'm a little more courteous online, because I'd have flatly told any third parties here "This is my argument, stay out of it."

• Like 3

Keep your eyes open for a Genesis 6-Pak cartridge at garage sales and thrifts. This one cartridge has 6 pretty good games that will keep you and your Genesis happy for quite a while.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Golden Axe

Streets of Rage

Revenge of Shinobi

Columns

Super Hang-On

As others have noted, Genesis games are usually pretty easy to find at reasonable prices. Makes it a fun system to collect for and lots of fun to play. I keep one handy for my nieces and nephews to play when they visit. Apart from the solder connection on the power jack, they're practically indestructable. (Fortunately, this one weak point is an easy fix even for an all-thumbs guy like me.)

:thumbsup: