IGNORED

Interest in Atari 2600 Pause Kit

Albert

Atari 2600 Pause Kit  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in purchasing one?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How much would you be willing to pay?

• $10
    • $15
    • $20
    • $25
    • $30

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm interested, but I haven't participated in the poll for concern that "Are you interested in purchasing one," means "will you buy one when they become available?" I don't want my vote to influence immediate cost/labor expenditures when in fact I probably wouldn't be able to purchase one immediately.

I'm definitely interested, but I just can't say for sure when I'd actually be able to purchase one. I'd be willing to pay as much as $20 for it when I do decide to buy. Maybe $25, but that's the point where I would consider building my own.

Still, I think it's wonderful that Albert and CPUWIZ are advancing vtrucco's circuit to a marketable product.

If clarification comes forth that "Are you interested in purchasing one?" means "Are you interested in purchasing one eventually," I'll be happy to participate in the poll.

Thank you,

-tet

I'm interested, but I haven't participated in the poll for concern that "Are you interested in purchasing one," means "will you buy one when they become available?" I don't want my vote to influence immediate cost/labor expenditures when in fact I probably wouldn't be able to purchase one immediately.

I'm definitely interested, but I just can't say for sure when I'd actually be able to purchase one. I'd be willing to pay as much as $20 for it when I do decide to buy. Maybe $25, but that's the point where I would consider building my own.

Still, I think it's wonderful that Albert and CPUWIZ are advancing vtrucco's circuit to a marketable product.

If clarification comes forth that "Are you interested in purchasing one?" means "Are you interested in purchasing one eventually," I'll be happy to participate in the poll.

Thank you,

-tet

The circuit boards are being manufactured in China right now. ;)

Thank you,

-tet

The circuit boards are being manufactured in China right now. ;)

Well, that's what I call clarification! Consider me polled! :)

-tet

Seems a little redudant to me. I kind of takes away from the classic feel of the games. And I could not possibly think of doing anything to the case on my Atari. That and my dad says that I'm still borrowing it from him. icon_mrgreen.gif

I'd sure be interested in one, the modern day pause has spoiled me, as I find my time more fractured between various things I'm doing, and for marathon half to multi hour sessions on Atari, being able to "take a break" (or answer the phone, or whatever) would be most welcome.

Could you do a deal that's already assembled too? I have no problems with soldering, but dont know when I'd have the time, maybe for extrea$5-$10 or something?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just built and installed a 2600 Pause Kit in a 2600 Junior:

2600_Junior_Installed.jpg

Tested it with several games and it works great! :D Going to build another and install it in a four-switch system. After that, I'm going to add the Pause Kits to the store so people may purchase them. :)

..Al