IGNORED

Price Drops anytime soon?

JagMX

Anyone kno of any possible Price drops this "holiday" season? (mainly for the xbox) Any rumors for drops in the games or systems ? im low on cash - very low - and id like to pick up at least ONE game for the Xbox....so anyone hear anything? :twisted:

For ANYONE low on Cash, you HAVE to be a PS2 owner. I think this is one of the best reasons to own a PS2 honestly. It's called:

Greatest hits.

Playstation is the only system I know of, that takes the greatest games ever released on the system, and re-releases them for $20. No WAY you can beat that (Especially when the games are less than a year old!)

For ANYONE low on Cash, you HAVE to be a PS2 owner. I think this is one of the best reasons to own a PS2 honestly. It's called:

Greatest hits.

Playstation is the only system I know of, that takes the greatest games ever released on the system, and re-releases them for $20. No WAY you can beat that (Especially when the games are less than a year old!)

Yep and at some cool stores they sell greatest hits for like $15! :D :) :P

And here is a little secret ... Sony is forcing all developers to release their games at $39.95,- as of January 2003. They have already started doing it with their own games. I just picked up Ratchet & Clank for that price.

i think thats for all sony published games. pretty sweet!

Greatest hits.

Sega did the same thing with the Dreamcast. Nintendo also did the Million Seller discount.

Sega did the same thing with the Dreamcast. Nintendo also did the Million Seller discount.

I didn't know that, but you have to admit, Sony does a better job of "advertising/promoting" their greatest hits line than anyone else. And Dreamcast's life was so short it was hard to tell what was clearanced and what was sold for less due to popularity :)

$39.95 for all games? SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. Nothing else to say about that, although I'll be shocked and amazed if some of the RPG's sell for that much :)

My personal favorite sports game for the Xbox, Transworld Surf, was pleasantly on sale for $20 at best buy. Brand new.

Of course, that's likely a store-by-store basis type thing. But here is a link to a few other vendors who have the same game at the same price, NIB.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/store...5389603-1052007

Come to think of it, Best Buy had a whole slew of Xbox games under $50, many at around $20

http://www.bestbuy.com/search/sr14.asp?m=9...&SC=937&SV=xbox

--Flexure

ah, i forgot about best buy. Usually when i go into the store they have some games cheap but they are the less entertaining ones :D and the xpensive ones are just 50.00 as usual. But their site has good stuff cheap

thanx for the reminder :D

now if i just had some money :ponder: