IGNORED

[vbxe] new vbxe core package release

candle

Hi all

I need to annouce that new version of VBXE package is avaivable on project page

the package was split into separate parts due to its size

a must have is VBXE cores part that include actual cores and utility programs

optional but recommended are programmer's manual, and examples

installation guide is the same as it was in previous package and only vital for new users, or those of You who didn't have the time to install the board yet

cheers

candle & electron

Jon - can you update as per your progress later?

Sources for VBXE version of The Last Word have been in stasis since uncertainty about text mode colour attributes. One of my priorities is to minimize VBXE handling code so that ordinary versions of LW can automatically use VBXE 80 column mode. I also have a lot of sources Draco sent regarding VBXE screen handlers which I need to look at. Most of this work is focused on getting the de facto VBXE compatible text editor written ASAP. I too am very interested in creating an A8 based software development environment. I already have the fast MA65 SpartaDOS assembler which I can patch up to be at least ATASM compatible. Assembling and testing software in-situ is no problem for small projects, and I'm keen to get back into it.

Cool.

I tried a quick/dirty test program to verify the PRIOR fix. No idea what I did with the original one that I used to point out the bug in the first place.

I've discovered another quirk on my system though... if I type too hard it makes the screen jump slightly. Might have to open up over the weekend and make sure nothings jiggling loose.

I've discovered another quirk on my system though... if I type too hard it makes the screen jump slightly. Might have to open up over the weekend and make sure nothings jiggling loose.

I have the same problem very occasionally. The (insulated) keyboard backplate on my 130XE is butted up against the pin headers on the VBXE board.

• 2 weeks later...