IGNORED

uIEC/SD Questions

I don't know much about the various options with the uIEC/SC, and I was hoping for some advice before I purchase. What's the difference between the daughtercard, 1x13 Edge Connector, and "none"? Any advice would be appreciated...

The daughter-card provides the 6-pin IEC interface and a power connector that draws from the cassette port.

With the daughter card you can connect the uIEC to the VIC or 64 using a standard serial cable. If you want to connect it to a C16 or Plus/4 you would need a cassette interface adapter.

If you don't have the daughter-card you will need to wire the uIEC manually. Some people have mounted the unit inside their VIC or 64 computer. I put mine inside an old 1530 case and used the cassette interface cable to draw power.

• Like 1

I don't know much about the various options with the uIEC/SC, and I was hoping for some advice before I purchase. What's the difference between the daughtercard, 1x13 Edge Connector, and "none"? Any advice would be appreciated...

The daughter-card provides the 6-pin IEC interface and a power connector that draws from the cassette port.

With the daughter card you can connect the uIEC to the VIC or 64 using a standard serial cable. If you want to connect it to a C16 or Plus/4 you would need a cassette interface adapter.

If you don't have the daughter-card you will need to wire the uIEC manually. Some people have mounted the unit inside their VIC or 64 computer. I put mine inside an old 1530 case and used the cassette interface cable to draw power.

That's a *much better* explanation than the one I found after hours of searching. Thanks :)