IGNORED

Not Atari, but Maybe Interested?

Cebus Capucinis

Finally bit the bullet. The Trans Am is up for sale on eBay. Can't keep it for moving to Albuquerque and I'm not going to have time to finish the 20% restoration that needs done on it anyway. :(

I am very sad to see this car go. Oh well, needs to go to someone who can care for it!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2904213273031?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290421327303&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I have liked the F-body cars all my life.

My dad bought a 1983 Trans Am (305 cubic inch, 4-barrel, auto) for my sister to drive in high school. I got a lot of seat time in it. It was great!!! Especially when you're 16! Black and Gold with everything except T-TOP which was desperately missed.

Then got my own 1983 Z-28 - black with T-top/auto but with the 305 "crossfire injection" which never gave problems for me (as expected to) but I didn't care for.

Later, black '86 Z-28 with T-top/5-speed and 305 4-barrel. Really wanted "Tuned Port Injection" but buying used, of course

'86 Corvette that was a lemon. LOTS of problems. Sold it and got most of my money back, minus lots of repairs. Looked nice, ran good when it worked.

Then 1989 5.0 Mustang /5-speed. I felt - buying this - a similar feeling to getting a Commodore 64. WTF??? I'm a GM Man. This car ran like son of a bitch compared to my F-bodies. I mean big, smoky musclecar-style burnouts at last, compared to my F-bodies. Never had a problem, and I mercilessly pounded the shit out of this thing. There's no telling how many miles it ran wide-open just as fast as it would turn the wheels (few cops and lots of miles in western Canada). I remember running it close to 7000 RPM in 4th gear many times, surprised it didn't suck a valve or spin a bearing. (what an idiot) Never cared for the styling as much as the F-body.

Bottom line, I'm not so much a fanboy anymore because of this car, and I'm not prejudiced against Fords, Commodores, or even Japanese Cars anymore.

Now back to F-bodies again, 2001 Z28 convertible. Sadly, I don't appreciate it like the old days. Usually drive a little throw-away trashcan car because I just don't care anymore, and nobody sees me in whatever I'm driving anyway.

Nice car, btw!!!

Edited by wood_jl
  • Like 1