IGNORED

VBXE2 preorder starts today

candle

please, check Your order status - if anyone was omitted - let me know

to all that didn't pay for the boards already - sooner the better, but there are few days before preorders closes (and so the payments should)

if anyone has some troubles, is short on cash at the moment - just let me know

currently i've managed to purchase THS8134B and EP1K50TC144 - the other one was not fully covered by money i've received so far

i would not want to wait for part for 8 or 12 weeks, so i had to rush things a bit

Sebastian

current preorder list

Candle has class and I know he won't ask this, but if you're from the USA, please add 4% to your total if sending via PayPal. The exchange fees etc. take 4% out of his share. He does a great job in doing these batches, let's make sure he is properly compensated for his hard work. :cool:

Hi Candle,

I want another one too for my PAL 800 XL without Freddy chip. And also a simple stereo + IO board if they become available.

Do I understand it correctly that if you have no Freddy chip, you need to provide the 14.xxx crystal yourself since the correct crystal is not on the motherboard?

Robert

thats right Robert - for NTSC users its easier, as VBXE comes with crystal build in, but PAL users either need to buy it at Best Electronics, or source it from dead XE system

in previous preorder thread i've informed that i found some crystal manufacturer in Poland that is willing to make even small series of crystals of any value reuqired - including Atari ones - but there was no intrest in that then

Sebastian

thats right Robert - for NTSC users its easier, as VBXE comes with crystal build in, but PAL users either need to buy it at Best Electronics, or source it from dead XE system

in previous preorder thread i've informed that i found some crystal manufacturer in Poland that is willing to make even small series of crystals of any value reuqired - including Atari ones - but there was no intrest in that then

Sebastian

Luckily I still have the right crystal from a dead 800XE machine. So count me in.

Robert

true, but it should be noted, that, regardless of what the name says, its generator rather than oscillator, and its in dip-14 case - it would fit into XE or XEGS boards, but for XL one need to piggy-back solder it somewhere near VBXE, and connect it as it is mentioned in VBXE2 installation guide for XEGS

Sleepy: if You still want another VBXE just PM me (having all things considered that is)

as usual, here is updated preorder list

and again, if anything is wrong with this list - just let me know

few people have confirmed their payments, but they didn't arrived yet, so just wait for a day or two (mostly that would be bank transfers)

if anything else doesn't match - shout loud

few people have confirmed their payments, but they didn't arrived yet, so just wait for a day or two (mostly that would be bank transfers)

if anything else doesn't match - shout loud

Oh, I didn't know payments were due yet. Where do I send it and how much time do I have?

Syfo-Dyas: i'm pretty sure not to omit anyone while sending PM about payment detais, so please check your PM box on AA, if still no luck - just let me know ;)

preorder closes 5th of may, and this is final date for the payements - if someone needs more time - sure, but i need to know this - sooner the better

Update: in post #59 I wrote that you can get the crystal oscilator with 14,187576 MHz for the XE at Darisus.

I tried to order some, but unfortunately they´re not longer available. :-(

(happily I got one piece so that I can put a vbxe into my XL)

Sleepy

on what frequency it runs?

i mean exact frequency

I am not technical at all, but here in the US so we can run all the european software we take an NTSC XL an put this chip from best electronics in:

CO21698 creating a hybrid xl

apparently it is 50 Hz display.