IGNORED

Weird occurances during Intelli-playing?

During a Lock N Chase game I played recently, I was on my last life, got tagged by a cop.

And the screen read, GAME OVER... but at the second I got a bonus robber/life too!

So, my game kept going... and the GAME OVER went away! LOL.. Was a real kick to experience that.

During Vectron, I was bulding my last block, a nastie came down and knocked away a chip off of my block.

but my multi-colored blocks started to shine a second after that, and I won the level anyway.

Snafu, and Skiing sometimes looses it's music/sound effects during play. Actually Snafu's music

got so messed up during a few plays that, sounded like a skipping record!

Anyone else have any interesting (supernatural) occurances playing Intellivision?

I'm sure similar things have happened to me, like the music. I just can't remember any of them right off bat.

The one i do remember is the Burgertime one. Where you drop the last bun and die from an enemy at the same time. First you get the death animation, then a couple seconds later it changes to the victory animation. But i think the same thing happens in other versions of Burgertime as well.

Sometimes when i reset the game instead of a green title screen, it will turn purple.

I'm sure there has been others but i can't remember them right off hand. But if i run across any in the future i'll be sure to add them here.

Here's the answers...

Unlike most systems of the day, the INTV was good enough to be constantly checking for a winning state of the game, and if it occured allowed the completion of the level over the death (BurgerTime, Vectron) for example.

As for Lock 'n Chase, you ran a fortunate moment into a normal LNC situation. If you die your last life on one of the letters of the word "Game Over", and are within (this Im not exact on) X coins away from the lower prize appearing (or have just appeared), the game will treat the displacement of the game over letter as getting the lower prize. If that lower prize puts you over the 20,000 point threshold for a free life, then yes, you'll get the free life and continue your game. If it didn't you see a red +POINTS (whatever level the item is worth) at the bottom while you die.

The only one I can remember is also with Lock'n'chase.

If you go through the tunnel, to go from one end to the other, and press up then down really fast, the player will start scrolling across the screen vertically, within the wall, and your score will not stop increasing.

You can control the player by going up and down.

depending how deep you are in the wall, you might or might not get kill.

This is something that I can do any time.

It's working with the unit and also with the emulator.

See images below.

post-25394-127057752759_thumb.jpg

post-25394-127057754031_thumb.jpg

I had the black robot in Night Stalker stop moving on the right side of the spider web. It literally stayed there indefinitely.

This was a good opportunity to rack up points by attacking the weaker regular robots while it was stuck. This happened on the emulator not the actual system so there is a chance it could be an emulator bug.

In auto racing, if on the initial leg of the first racecourse in solo mode, if you move your car just parallel to the road you can run off the course and literally scroll across the world and come back!

Edited by thrax

I wish I could figure out how to record on nostalgia... Some great little things happen in triple action tanks.

Bending shots around walls, bouncing shots inside walls, floating tanks through walls and even going out of the screen.

Wrap around the screen, left to right, top to bottom etc.

I have heard of flying through the tower in biplanes, but I haven't done that.

I have also tied my brother 15-15 many times by having a shot still flying after getting hit.

Hit the other plane or the balloon. Played a ton of hours on that game!

Baseball lets you score on the third out.

I am certain I have seen many other crazy things... But it has been years!

Gene

When my Intellivision would get real warm, all sorts of weird things would happen. I remember all sorts of crazy sound effects with Snafu and Utopia. Sounds you would never hear during normal gameplay. It was hilarious.

In Demon Attack the multicolored demons that swarm in a squadron, one of the demons wouldn't flap its wings and would just lay down a steady carpet or bombs (almost unescapable). This happened to me on several occassions.

All sorts of graphical glitches would happen when that system would get warmed up.