IGNORED

Photos of my machines

Heavy Sixer

GHOSTS 'N GOBLINS: Purchased it from a local operator for $60. Works, but the monitor's dead.

ghosts_n_goblins_1.jpg

PENGO: My first machine. Got it for $50 at a Salvation Army. The monitor needs new caps and VOTs. I'm currently building a web page dedicated to Pengo; I'll post a notice when it goes online.

pengo_1.jpg

pengo_2.jpg

pengo_3.jpg

KANGAROO: This was a Kangaroo machine that had been converted into Taito's Samurai Nihon-Ichi (why anyone would mess over a perfectly good Kangaroo for the sake of that crappy little game is beyond me :roll: ) I obtained the necessary parts from eBay (the PCBs went for $6 :D ) and converted it back. Now it's just about perfect!

kangaroo_0.jpg

kangaroo_1.jpg

kangaroo_2.jpg

XEVIOUS: Got it at a flea market with "Samuroo" for $110 total. Works, but the monitor's dead.

xevious_1.jpg

xevious_2.jpg

Transporting Kangaroo and Xevious:

img19.jpg

img20.jpg

HEAVY***6***er

Actually, I've never beaten the arcade Ghosts 'N Goblins. The farthest I've ever made it is the dragon at the end of the fire bridge, and I only did that one or twice many years ago. Nowadays, I usually get wiped out by the red devils in the brick cave. One of these days, I'll get the monitor in my machine fixed, and I'll get some practice ;).

The NES version of GNG is another matter... I'm the only person I know who has beaten the game both times. Of course, it has always taken me a couple of hours and many lives, but I've done it!

HEAVY***6***er

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A Salvation Army down state from had a Arkanoid for $60 at one point and it looked to be in great shape i should of snag it at the price but i dont think Mrs.Jboy is ready for a cab in the house yet. :)

the one here smells horrible lol :D

the most i found was a sealed version of linux im holding onto for keeps sake xD

it was only 50 cents! :D

My Star Wars cockpit was in a guy's driveway. It was free. I let it warm up, reseated the chips and installed an ESB kit in it (thanks to Clay!). Worked since the day I got it home...

I got a Missile Command on the side of the road, literally. Needed a board repair (of course on that machine)

Got a Ms. Pac from a goodwill (cocktail)

Got a Pac cocktail from the same place I got Missile Command, I knocked on his door and gave a 100 bucks for it. Bad regulator cost me about 5 bucks to fix...

You never know what folks will chuck...

C

My Star Wars cockpit was in a guy's driveway. It was free. I let it warm up, reseated the chips and installed an ESB kit in it (thanks to Clay!). Worked since the day I got it home...

I got a Missile Command on the side of the road, literally. Needed a board repair (of course on that machine)

Got a Ms. Pac from a goodwill (cocktail)

Got a Pac cocktail from the same place I got Missile Command, I knocked on his door and gave a 100 bucks for it. Bad regulator cost me about 5 bucks to fix...

You never know what folks will chuck...

C

the average IQ of the people who chuck this stuff must be well below 90 seeing as the avg machine will sell atleast $50 lol

i hope to run into luck like this :P

i CANNOT wait to get my hands on my cabs again Evil warehouse..