IGNORED

My mind is blown

Cousin Vinnie

There I was, with 36 pieces and 30 minutes to beat the fixed "Possible Mission", all I had to do was arrange the passwords in order and viola! I would have beaten a game I have been trying to beat for over 20 years,

However, I could not get one password to jam together correctly! I literally would put 3 pieces of one together and find none that would slide in on top, no matter the color-direction etc. Has this happened to you guys? Is there still a problem with the keycards even though the origibal bug has been fixe?

There I was, with 36 pieces and 30 minutes to beat the fixed "Possible Mission", all I had to do was arrange the passwords in order and viola! I would have beaten a game I have been trying to beat for over 20 years,

However, I could not get one password to jam together correctly! I literally would put 3 pieces of one together and find none that would slide in on top, no matter the color-direction etc. Has this happened to you guys? Is there still a problem with the keycards even though the origibal bug has been fixe?

Nope, never had a problem. Though some of the password combinations don't look like they go together but they do.

Keep trying. :)

Mitch

Ahem! I am totally confused now. I have combined 4 card together, put them in every color combination and orientation imaginable, and the computer isnt recognizing it as a password. Do you have to do this crap in order? Is it possible that you can combine cards that shouldn't be together???

Yes, you can't just put random cards together. They have to be the correct cards that match. Look at the patterns on the cards, when you have a complete card assembled it will disappear from the display and a letter will appear in the password area.

Keep trying, you'll get it. :)

Mitch

Of course there is, you just have to work for it ;)

Yes, you can't just put random cards together. They have to be the correct cards that match.

But as I noted, it is possible to combine four cards that aren't supposed to be together. You just have to look for the matching pairs, the pairs usually form identifiable shapes or patterns.

Yes, you can't just put random cards together. They have to be the correct cards that match.

But as I noted, it is possible to combine four cards that aren't supposed to be together. You just have to look for the matching pairs, the pairs usually form identifiable shapes or patterns.

True, though they don't disappear if you combine the wrong cards.

Mitch

I have a screenshot of the 7800 IM ending. Should I post it or would that spoil it?

Post it! I'll never see it* because I'm crap at the game.

* Well... Errr... I could always dump the graphics if you don't :lol:.

I'm crap at it too. I had it on the C64 as well and I wasn't any better at it there either.

Edited by DracIsBack

That's it? Or is there some text that goes with it? Also why does he look like he's got a bad spray-on tan?

I wonder how the Apple II's ending looks?

Tempest

If I remember, it seems like the lights at the top turn on and off and maybe the screens in the background have some slight movement. But still pretty static.

I took the screenshot quite a few years ago before the emu palettes were improved so that's probably why the colors look a little off.

Mitch

Well, I'm really confused by this last part. I remember from a prior game a piece of password puzzle that is not even in these 36 cards. I have spent 1 hour and a half jamming these dam things together and haven't got one piece yet. I have solved a letter or two in the past but today, no luck... I dont know what's going on here though.... I cant believe the game will let you stack incorrect pieces together they suck... I have one punchcard with a little box hole in it... I guess that is wrong b/c they all look like old school punch cards with no designs left in them in the end, right?

However, when you solve a letter... do the 4 cards disappear from the left... that would help immensely if I could get lucky on a few and start narrowing my choices.

Well, I'm really confused by this last part. I remember from a prior game a piece of password puzzle that is not even in these 36 cards. I have spent 1 hour and a half jamming these dam things together and haven't got one piece yet. I have solved a letter or two in the past but today, no luck... I dont know what's going on here though.... I cant believe the game will let you stack incorrect pieces together they suck... I have one punchcard with a little box hole in it... I guess that is wrong b/c they all look like old school punch cards with no designs left in them in the end, right?

However, when you solve a letter... do the 4 cards disappear from the left... that would help immensely if I could get lucky on a few and start narrowing my choices.

Yes. When you get one, the cards that you used disappear.

And yes, they will look like old-school punchcards. Tiny pinholes, no big gaps.

Here's what usually happens for me:

I get 2 pieces together that look like this:

+------+
|      |
| D  O |
|      |
+------+

And then, miraculously, there will be 2 pieces together that make up a piece that has something like D and O holes.

It's complicated to explain.

I tried to make a comprehensive list back in the day, but when I realized that there were over 120 piece-types possible, I realized there was either a huge table, or some randomness to breaking up the pieces.

Are you doing this through hardware, or emulator?

Maybe it would be good to do an emulator run first, then make a save point near the end of the game.

From there, I can try to show you what I mean.

-John

Edited by Propane13

Yes. When you get one, the cards that you used disappear.

And yes, they will look like old-school punchcards. Tiny pinholes, no big gaps.

Here's what usually happens for me:

I get 2 pieces together that look like this:

+------+
|      |
| D  O |
|      |
+------+

And then, miraculously, there will be 2 pieces together that make up a piece that has something like D and O holes.

It's complicated to explain.

I tried to make a comprehensive list back in the day, but when I realized that there were over 120 piece-types possible, I realized there was either a huge table, or some randomness to breaking up the pieces.

Are you doing this through hardware, or emulator?

Maybe it would be good to do an emulator run first, then make a save point near the end of the game.

From there, I can try to show you what I mean.

-John

Sorry, hardware