IGNORED

$6.30 Not Enough to Ship Atari Boxed Game via Priority Mail?

atari_envy

Auction I won: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3205124522881?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320512452288&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] -- nothing special, no great deal. Here is what is interesting: Paid $6.30 for Priority Mail shipping, told the seller that I expect the item to be shipped in box for the cost and method of shipping I selected. The response:

One problem.

Atari games in box are just too big for a small pm box. The

medium box costs more than you paid.

We make our boxes from recycled

cardboard.

What would you like us to do?

-theoldtime99centcircus

I explained that there are other PM boxes besides flat rate and that a less than one pound game like this is $5 and that he can get these free from the Post Office either by ordering or picking up himself (gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was not trying to just squeeze a little more money out of me).

I am confused by the "we make boxes" since he talks about using the USPS small and medium boxes. I told him he could even make a box and put a PM sticker on it.

What think you?

A boxed 2600 game will fit just fine in the "Priority Mail Large Video Box (O-1096L)" as pictured here:

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10052&productId=10000248&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10000002&top_category=10000002&categoryId=10000033&top=&currentPage=0&sort=&viewAll=Y&rn=CategoriesDisplay&WT.ac=10000248

Shipping will be less than $6.30 with the "Large Video Box" shown above, since it'll weigh less than a pound. He wants to use the Small Flat Rate Priority Mail box since that will only cost him $4.95 to ship (even less if he's printing the postage himself). Boxed games definitely won't fit in those, although you can fit two loose games in them easily.

..Al

I am more amazed that a Space Chase is pulling over $22 shipped :-o I always thought this was an ultra common game?

CIB in the early release box is actually a little scarce. Only a couple auctions on eBay right now. Of course it doesn't help that the one bidder before me essentially took my bid up to the maximum amount I had entered. And if you go with the seller's First Class S&H we are talking $20 (and change) shipped.

Turns out that the seller's message basically meant, we only have/use flat rate boxes, but if you want us to make a box and ship it PM, we can do that.

I suggested that if they are going to sell Atari boxed games in the future they need to get and order of the box Al suggests.

Personally, I expect to pay more for shipping because I want the Atari box to be protected. This is just a personal preference, I try to drop an extra buck or two for the trouble of packing material also, when I can.

Sure, I have done that a couple times in the past when they agree to box and their shipping charge is already too low or the game is extra expensive. But this item will only cost $5 to ship (Priority Mail under 1 lb Zone 1), so I am already paying an extra buck and change.