IGNORED

What ever happened to Sega?

atari art

As far as newer games go, yeah I have been living under a rock. I'm a classic gamer just now considering upgrading to N64. (I need a lot of help.) Oh, I knew there weren't any new Sega systems. I just hadn't checked to see who was making the new games. Hey, you're talking to a grandfather here bub. Old people (49) are allowed to ask dumb questions. Old timey thinking, you know? :)

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

What's the deal with the one-console-only trend for some of their games? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it in my opinion... Super Monkey Ball seems Gamecube only, Jet Grind Radio seems PS2 only... what's the deal?

--Zero

What is the current status of Sega? Are they out of business or what?

generally, sega is 3rd party. however, some of their companies have chosen systems, to some extend. the sonic team has currently limited their development to nintendo platforms.

Sonic Team is releasing Phantasy Star On-line Ep. I & II on the Xbox.

Also, Sega is taking back control of all their teams, and they will decide which games go on which systems from now on. Sega didn't do too hot this past quarter, thus the change. Sonic Adventure II and Virtua Fighter 4 sold well, but could have been big time hits if they would have been multi-platform. It is looking like Sonic 3 will be on all three systems.

Sonic Team is releasing Phantasy Star On-line Ep. I & II on the Xbox.

actually, the xbox PSO is only episode 1. episode 2 is GC exclusive.

Actually, the Xbox version has Ep. I & II and has an extra playable character that the GC version does not. The Xbox version also supports voice communication and USB keyboard support, the GC version does not.

With the GC version, you have to either use symbols, on-screen keyboard(very slow) or spend the extra cash for the keyboard/controller device, which isn't even out in the US yet, so you have to pay high import prices.

The GC version also has some bugs, like not compatable with the broadband adapter and some cheater bugs. Sega has fixed these bugs, but because the GC does not have a harddrive, you have to send your old copy back to Sega to get the new bug free version.

The advantage of the GC version, is that it has a couple of mini-games that can be downloaded onto your GBA via link cable, such as NiGhts Advance and a few others.

Link to the Xbox version of PSO Ep. I & II:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/game092002a.htm