IGNORED

BEST Atari Made Arcade Game

A2600

• 2 weeks later...

Toobin'! The arcade I visit often just got one, so I can finally play it the way it's meant to be played. The NES version just didn't do it justice. If any game deserves the title of sleeper hit, it's Toobin'.

And War - Final Assault is pretty addicting, too. If anybody knows of one near Southwest Michigan, let me know.

Personally, as an aspiring arcade operator, my favorite Atari game is Rush 2049, which I feel is the first major step above Daytona USA for the look, feel and overall fun of the game itself. There has not been a _video_ game in the past five years that has had me spend as much money on playing it as Rush 2049. It has everything that both a player and an operator wants in a game.

As for old school Atari games, I would probably have to go with Asteriods. After perhaps Ms. Pac-Man and Galaxian, Asteriods would be my third favorite oldie :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my fav Atari/Atari Games arcade games over the years.

Centipede

Millipede

Pole Position(Namco)

Xevious(Namco)

Major Havoc

Star Wars

Tempest

Paperboy

Hard Drivin'

Race Drivin'

Tournament Cyberball(My buddy and I had many a nail bitter sessions, playing agianst other two man teams at the local arcade, back in the day. The competition was intense and the times were fun. Some of the best times I ever had playing video games.)

Hydra

San Fansisco Rush

San Fansisco Rush 2049(won one of those cool Atari Games SF Rush 2049 coins playing this game :D )

• 3 months later...

Hmmmm...I have it down to about 10 real good ones, but I'd have to say it's probably I, Robot. The weirdness of the game has been unmatched

since Williams' NARC. Too bad that it didn't catch on when it came out.

It's neck and neck with Major Havoc for originality.

Best B&W 1: atari football (4 player)

2: sprint 2

Best Racing 1: rush series

2: hard drivn series (airborne is great!)

Best Space 1: tempest

2: space duel

Best Action 1: area 51 series

2: missile command

Here is a new catagory:

most underrated: 1: space lords

2: liberator

• 3 weeks later...
Personally, as an aspiring arcade operator, my favorite Atari game is Rush 2049, which I feel is the first major step above Daytona USA for the look, feel and overall fun of the game itself.  There has not been a _video_ game in the past five years that has had me spend as much money on playing it as Rush 2049.  It has everything that both a player and an operator wants in a game.

As for old school Atari games, I would probably have to go with Asteriods.  After perhaps Ms. Pac-Man and Galaxian, Asteriods would be my third favorite oldie  :)

amen. Rush 2049 was the best to me, also. me and a few friends are avid rush 2049 players. the look and feel of 2049 was(is) just great...

This is soooo difficult... but I think I have to give the nod to Marble Madness, with honorable mention to Millipede and Tempest.

I was also a big fan of Road Blasters and STUN Runner. I REALLY need to pick up the Lynx version of that. Are there any other home ports of STUN Runner?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Nice thread, but a tough choice.  

Star Wars

RoadBlasters

Asteroids

Major Havoc

I just recently played Major Havoc on MAME and was pretty disappointed. The original controls make all the difference. I only wish I could find a Major Havoc cabinet in my area.  :sad:

As a note, it IS a tad better with a trackball than a mouse.