IGNORED

BEST Atari Made Arcade Game

A2600

best game for the 25cents to me was asteroids, i could sit there on the stool at the steak shop and just save a couple of small asteroids and just keep flying up the middle of the screen and do my sweep move on the flying saucers, use to be able to line up extra men all the way across the screen, im not sure if it overlapped where player 2 was, man, those were the days, 1 quarter and hrs of game play :)

yeah you have hit the nail on the head. trackballs they were so much fun in the arcade. I also like the combat scholl game from taito. that was a really daft idea. blood brothers was cool as well 8). I cannot remember who made that one though. I think it did get a conversion to the atari st. Who can forget missile command... I remember the first time I played it and it was hopeless. Now I play it without and think that the controller runs to slow. Has anyone played missile command 3d on the jag? :o If yeah you will know what I mean.

• 1 month later...

Major Havoc - Atari's best if not THE best vector game ever, especially for animation. It also has aged extremely well after 20 years.

I, Robot - very original, very spacey, very underrated, which is too bad since it aged so well 20 years later.

Tempest - right to the point, original idea, very hypnotic. A perfect example of the beauty of minimalism of vectors.

STUN Runner - another that has aged extremely well, especially for a sit down racer.

Battlezone - another that has aged extremely well for all of its minimalist and now almost primitive graphics.

Quantum - another extremely underrated vector game. Another example of both graphic and play simplicity that has aged well. Another cult classic.

Black Widow - one thing that you can only get from vectors is how everything looks electric. Another trance inducing game. Another very underrated game.

Xybots - It shouldn't have taken this long to come up with a 3D take on Berzerk, but it's still a winner, and was also overlooked. Robot death sounds are hilarious.

Okay, so I only have 8. They still count. :)