IGNORED

Fans of Ghouls'n'Ghosts Unite!

Purposefully bumping this thread, so all previously *registered* G'n'G fans see it in their "My Posts" list :D

I just filed a new issue in Capcoms Suggestion Box, requesting them to submit Ghouls'n Ghosts Arcade to the Wiis Virtual Console:

http://ideas.capcom-unity.com/index.php?page=1&num=10&cat=Games&subcat=Digital

(Currently in the upper third of the list)

If you have a Unity account and support this request, please give it an up vote! :)

Purposefully bumping this thread, so all previously *registered* G'n'G fans see it in their "My Posts" list :D

I just filed a new issue in Capcoms Suggestion Box, requesting them to submit Ghouls'n Ghosts Arcade to the Wiis Virtual Console:

http://ideas.capcom-unity.com/index.php?page=1&num=10&cat=Games&subcat=Digital

(Currently in the upper third of the list)

If you have a Unity account and support this request, please give it an up vote! :)

Would be cool, but I just went with a friend to get a G'n'G cabinet that was in fantastic condition for his game store, except the monitor didn't work, but that's easy to replace and always fun to have a project.

Would be cool, but I just went with a friend to get a G'n'G cabinet that was in fantastic condition for his game store, except the monitor didn't work, but that's easy to replace and always fun to have a project.

Whoah! Nothing beats the real thing! :D

Funny you're mentioning Ghouls n' Ghosts today. Yesterday I began playing it on my Genesis for the first time. I got into the third level, and after about 45 minutes dying, battling, dying, am stuck. It's a pretty fun game and I hope to be able to add it to my completed list eventually.

The Genesis version is pretty good, especially considering it was "Reprogrammed by Sega" :)

The hardest bit AFAIR is where you're riding on the tongues :o

I appreciate the effort, but seriously.. If this single game came out on the VC, it would most-likely be no less than $10.. One can purchase the respective Capcom Classics Collection that the first three of these games appear on, for hardly more than this price, via either the XBOX, PS2, or PSP.. Also, the more we request crap like this, the less-likely we are to get quality compilations like we used to. :|

On a side note, since this thread has been bumped.. I have been trying to 1CC Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the SNES. **** me, it's not going over to well. :(

I appreciate the effort, but seriously.. If this single game came out on the VC, it would most-likely be no less than $10.. One can purchase the respective Capcom Classics Collection that the first three of these games appear on, for hardly more than this price, via either the XBOX, PS2, or PSP.. Also, the more we request crap like this, the less-likely we are to get quality compilations like we used to. :|

It should be 900 points, like the other 6 Capcom Arcades already available on the service.

I understand your point regarding Classic Compilations, but my intention is rising awareness at Capcom that this particular brand does still matter to gamers today. Requesting stuff like that is probably babysteps, but if it pays off for them it might be possible to talk Capcom into making a "G'n'G Universe Anthology" or "Super G'n'G 2" (aka "G'n'G Rebirth") or even a full blown console entry next.

On a side note, since this thread has been bumped.. I have been trying to 1CC Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the SNES. **** me, it's not going over to well. :(

I think I could probably make it to level three without continues ;)

For those that own an iPhone, both Ghosts 'n Goblins games are $1 for a limited time (I believe they are normally $6 or more). I just downloaded the second (just about to purchase the original now) and I have to say, despite it running choppy on my 3GS, it's fun! It definitely plays and feels like a GnG game, and it's nice to have BOTH the double jump and vertical aiming!

*edit: Just played the first one.. It's a good bit more sluggish than the second one, so if you decide to try one, try the second game. :)

Edited by Austin

For those that own an iPhone, both Ghosts 'n Goblins games are $1 for a limited time (I believe they are normally $6 or more). I just downloaded the second (just about to purchase the original now) and I have to say, despite it running choppy on my 3GS, it's fun! It definitely plays and feels like a GnG game, and it's nice to have BOTH the double jump and vertical aiming!

*edit: Just played the first one.. It's a good bit more sluggish than the second one, so if you decide to try one, try the second game. :)

The first one, last I checked, has a free version that is the full game (unlike other "free" iPhone games) with ads on the title screen and the map screen (they don't interfere with gameplay). I haven't played the second one, but I like what I played of the first and found it to control well for a virtual d-pad game. I'm on iPad, so that could explain it running smooth, though. Since the first has a complete free version, I recommend trying that one first.

Edited by BrianC