in different areas, such as comments

on user l Likes/ Dislikes..

Here is an image of it in design

theory..

Any help- hints- comments are welcome.

Rob

what can i say but neato let me know how it goes

i do have some questions

like is it going to use an unmodified 2600 keyboard(so you dont have to cut a resistor)or will the adapter compensate for that what joysticks are you planning on using 7800 and sega master systems are the only ones know that have 2 diff buttons as to the paddle good luck reversing the pot values with it ,probably shouldnt be too hard why not also have a jack for pc gameport joysticks as well since there is so many and they are mostly pretty good

of course its so much cheaper and easier to make a pcgameport-5200 adapter add one switch for the start button attach a 9 pin f to act as the keypad using a 2600 touchpad with a resistor cut and blammo instant fun

Decoding a PS/2 controller for use w/the 5200 using a cheap-o microcontroller shouldn't be too hard. I did manage to create an adapter for using NES/SNES controllers on the 2600/7800 or really just about anything that uses the standard Atari joystick pinout. I used an ATtiny2313 to do that job.

On the OPs concept adapter I don't see the need for a trak-ball hook-up since the 5200 trak-ball is superb and easily available. Personally just something that could adapt USB controllers (like the Xbox 360's) would be interesting for me.

Decoding a PS/2 controller for use w/the 5200 using a cheap-o microcontroller shouldn't be too hard. I did manage to create an adapter for using NES/SNES controllers on the 2600/7800 or really just about anything that uses the standard Atari joystick pinout. I used an ATtiny2313 to do that job.

On the OPs concept adapter I don't see the need for a trak-ball hook-up since the 5200 trak-ball is superb and easily available. Personally just something that could adapt USB controllers (like the Xbox 360's) would be interesting for me.

Yeah, A5200 trackball is very good and it's big size is a plus too so you don't have to hold it when moving around. But not too many games use it.