IGNORED

Need suggestions for good/fun2play "Horror" genre Atari 800XL games

Mark Wolfe

this is a clone of a thread I made for the 2600 where Frankenstein's Monster was the winning suggestion...

I'm doing a videogame console installation at the upcoming National Haunter's Convention in Valley Forge, PA in late April 2010.

http://www.nationalh...convention.com/

I am going to put up various consoles from classic to modern all with appropriately themed games.

I'd like to bring the Atari 800XL, but I am not too familiar with any titles that would work. They need to be in the horror genre but also fun to play.

suggestions please...

Nope! It's an Atari 8bit game. Lots of fun, too! Good game!

Yes Nightmares is excellent. Not as good is Domain of the Undead, recenty seen Dracula Lives on atarionline.pl not played this yet. Haunted Hill is an ok centipede clone. The excellent Necromancer is pretty creepy sort of. Goonies is an excellent game and so is the most creepy game of all (maybe) DROL :)

p.s. there is a trainer version of Drol on Homesoft? (may require 130XE/128K) that lets you have more lives etc. And newish game Ghastly Night though this looks better than it plays ;)

p.p.s. I forgot Blinky's Scary School

• 2 weeks later...