IGNORED

Altirra - Alternate Reality Dungeon

bfollett

I just tried booting Alternate Reality - The dungeon using Altirra and it skipped the whole Alien space craft abduction sequence and went straight to the menu to create or load characters? The disk image I have works fine in atari800win. I'm not sure If I have some setting wrong in Altirra or if has a bug. Anyway, I'll attach the disk 1 image I have for Alternate Reality the Dungeon, if someone else want to try it.

Thanks

Bob

Your image loads into the city abduction sequence when I test it (using both Atari800win and Altirra).

Did you press any keys on the Heist intro screen that might have caused it to skip the intro? I didn't touch anything and let it boot on its own.

Edited by eeun

Your image loads into the city abduction sequence when I test it (using both Atari800win and Altirra).

Did you press any keys on the Heist intro screen that might have caused it to skip the intro? I didn't touch anything and let it boot on its own.

No, I'm not pressing any keys in either emulator. It boots into the heist then -city abduction scene on atari800win, and skips both when I run altirra. What version of altirra are you using? I'm using version 1.5

Thanks,

Bob

Are you using one of the built-in kernels (HLE/LLE), or atarixl.rom? It looks like there is a bug in the HLE kernel ROM that is causing this, but it works fine with the real Atari kernel ROM. It's recommended that you always use a real kernel ROM with Altirra if you have one available.

Are you using one of the built-in kernels (HLE/LLE), or atarixl.rom? It looks like there is a bug in the HLE kernel ROM that is causing this, but it works fine with the real Atari kernel ROM. It's recommended that you always use a real kernel ROM with Altirra if you have one available.

Ahhh that must be it. I'd forgetting that I had trouble getting altirra to see the original rom images when I first installed it. I guess I'll have to revisit that issue instead.

Thanks for the help,

Bob

Huh... I was using the LLE Kernel. First time I'd used Altirra, so I copied my roms into its directory after a quick glance at the readme and didn't realize it had its own built-ins. I didn't change any of the default settings before opening and booting the Alt. Reality disk image.

The Altirra version is 1.0, freshly downloaded.

I'd suggest trashing Altirra's preferences, but I can't seem to figure out just where the program stores them.

Edited by eeun

Huh... I was using the LLE Kernel. First time I'd used Altirra, so I copied my roms into its directory after a quick glance at the readme and didn't realize it had its own built-ins. I didn't change any of the default settings before opening and booting the Alt. Reality disk image.

The Altirra version is 1.0, freshly downloaded.

I'd suggest trashing Altirra's preferences, but I can't seem to figure out just where the program stores them.

Err, 1.0?? The latest released version is 1.5.

Altirra stores preferences in the Registry, under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VirtualDub.org\Altirra.

By the way, I figured out the real problem: OPTION is being held down too long. By default, Altirra holds down OPTION to disable BASIC, and with the built-in kernels and with SIO patch enabled, the intro boots in less than five frames.