IGNORED

Everything is breaking...

NuY

First my XF551 and now my SIO2SD has died. Row of squares across the top line of the LCD on power up, which I think I recall flashjazzcat saying is a dead Atmel chip.

Luckily my 1050 with USD and serial SIO2PC are still working, but I just wonder how long they'll last. They say these things come in threes...

XF551 is probably an easy fix. Good number of threads around here that document the problem and solution.

Yeah, I think it's just the drive itself that's died and needs replacing. There's another thread I made detailing what was up with that, the only problem is sourcing a 360k 5.25" in the UK. There's plenty on eBay US, but all want pretty extortionate shipping to the UK. In addition to what I put on the thread, it won't read anything from the 2nd side of a DS formatted disk, so I don't have access to a load of my stuff at the minute.

What makes it worse is the fact I pulled a much as I could off my DS disks to put on disk images to use with the SIO2SD until such time I get the XF sorted, and then that died on me this morning. At least I got the SIO2PC to access those images, but I'm just wondering what the third thing to break will be... Not that I'm superstitious or anything...

Edited by NuY

Pigula will probably send you a pre-flashed ATMEL if you send him a message and are prepared to cover postage and costs.

Yeah thanks, I sent him a message on here before posting the topic after reading the issues you were having with yours not being able to access setup. Covering the costs is no problem as long as it ends up cheaper than buying a complete new unit. Saying that, there is a very nice looking SIO2SD on eBay at the minute...

Big LCD SIO2SD: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3304236262571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330423626257&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

• 3 weeks later...