IGNORED

files in an atr

19Echo

I finally got around to copying my many thousands of floppy disk that been sitting here. And i was able to make an atr image. The problem that i'm having is that i can't load anything. when i run the image, it loads an early version of mydos and i can see the files when i list them. but when i try to load one of the files i get an error 180.

can someone take a look at it this and see whats wrong with it or is it just pilot error. I named the floppy Analog 19 (but dont remember why)

thanks

Analog_19.atr

Most of them appear to be source or .BAS (basic) files.

For the basic ones, make sure that Basic is enabled, reboot and from the READY screen type:

LOAD "D1:filename.bas

example:

LOAD "D1:BAC.BAS

then you can LIST or RUN.

The .ASM files likely require the Assembler Editor

I finally got around to copying my many thousands of floppy disk that been sitting here. And i was able to make an atr image. The problem that i'm having is that i can't load anything. when i run the image, it loads an early version of mydos and i can see the files when i list them. but when i try to load one of the files i get an error 180.

can someone take a look at it this and see whats wrong with it or is it just pilot error. I named the floppy Analog 19 (but dont remember why)

thanks

It is mostly Basic, and text files some ASM, SRC, and data type files. I ran the file called SIEGE.BAS from basic on the emulator, it is a game... autorun.sys crashed and menu did not run.

Post some more when you can ......... Love these old basic atr's.

Edited by rdea6

ohh yeah......its all slowly coming back now.

weird that i can load the menu from the floppy but not the image. need to look into that. guess i just need to go thru all my old books and start reading again.

Like i said, i have like 5 big ass boxes full of nothing but floppies. is there a good place to upload these or should i just do it here?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by gfgarcia91

ohh yeah......its all slowly coming back now.

weird that i can load the menu from the floppy but not the image. need to look into that. guess i just need to go thru all my old books and start reading again.

Like i said, i have like 5 big ass boxes full of nothing but floppies. is there a good place to upload these or should i just do it here?

Thanks for the help.

here or www.atarimania.com

Post some more when you can ......... Love these old basic atr's.

Me too :thumbsup: I noticed you are on mydos3.x, v4.53/4 is the latest, not sure if this would be of any benefit to you :ponder:

mydos 3 was on the floppy at the time all those years ago.