IGNORED

ADAM Prototype Module

retroillucid

The small chip I am pretty sure is a LM something, so an op-amp.

But considering we see an ADAMnet connector there, there should be a SIO (serial I/O) chip somewhere...

Could it be this one?

SN74LS273N

No, that is just a latch, a buffer. Could have something to do with a serial interface, but we need a chip that output bits...

Another interesting thing is, on the Interface Connector, this is engraved:

AP 83 B 073 REV 0

Maybe is say: Adam Protoype 1983 Beta 073 REV 0

The only problem is that so far we have found only 1KB of RAM, which is too little for any computer (considering the ColecoVision has only 1KB either, for a total of 2KB).

Unless it was suppose to connect to the SGM, remember the original plan? The SGM was going to come out with lots of RAM and the wafer drive. Then the keyboard was going to attach to the SGM.

Man, now this is a mistery...

AP 83 B 073 REV 0

The only problem is that so far we have found only 1KB of RAM, which is too little for any computer (considering the ColecoVision has only 1KB either, for a total of 2KB).

Unless it was suppose to connect to the SGM, remember the original plan? The SGM was going to come out with lots of RAM and the wafer drive. Then the keyboard was going to attach to the SGM.

It have 2 MCM2114P45 chip

Does each chip give 1kb of ram ?

• Like 1

AP 83 B 073 REV 0

It have 2 MCM2114P45 chip

Does each chip give 1kb of ram ?

1Kx4-bits, so 2 chips give you 1Kx8-bit, or 1KB.

the text somewhere of the ex-Coleco employee and Geoff Oltmans discussing this and other interesting items and will post here.

in my hast to post this text discussion, I failed to post a couple of links to the ColADAM.LST where this came from and another important link where Wednesday night chats are help with a good number of ADAM owners and the latest all-stars of the ColecoVision Homebrew scene. Here they are:

ColADAM.LST: http://www.adamcon.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/coladam

Dale Wick's ADAM Page and Weekly Chat: http://www.adamcon.org/

Jim

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks,

Jr. (of Colecovision Zone) was one of these ADAm proto module and came to my house 2 hours ago with the ADAM proto #6

which the pictures you see in the first post by retroillucid.

First, Jr. discussed this at the last CCJVQ meeting with me and Newcoleco and Newcoleco said that he thinks that is

a Tape Simulator. Well, Newcoleco huch was right! It is a Tape Simultor module. The RS-232 connector is for transfering

Super Games in it and to test them on a ordinary Colecovision. The ADAMlink connector is to connect a keyboard so you

can play any Super Games.

There is an Eprom with the sticker "TapeSim" on it, which i deduct that is a modified BIOS or not-modified BIOS of

the ADAM. But before i can dump the content of the EPROM, i need some informations that are not found on the net.

The EPROM is a Motorola SC88091L / CD48337 and the VPP = 22-24Volts. If anyone has infos on the SC88091L, please

let me know so i can dump properly the content of the EPROM.

For now, these are all speculations until we're able to dump the EPROM, just hoping that nothing is erased in it.

Thanks in adavanced for any informations! :)