IGNORED

Atlantis II Sealed

hhwolfman

Homer,

I would contact eBay and try to get your money back. This sounds like a scam to me. If he hasn't shipped it within 7 days of you paying you probably will get your money back from eBay. If you have problems getting your money back from eBay hopefully you paid with a credit card so that you can do a chargeback. If he does ship you something don't be surprised to get a regular Atlantis game.

I won it. I smell scam. Seller tried to get me to give positive feedback before I received the item. The picture was taken off this site. Look at the markings. One of the more recent feedbacks says something about losing item on the ice. If anyone is trying to side deal this thing, buyer beware.

My response

Yeah, if you can refund me within a week I will be OK with this. Just give me a refund, and all is OK.

Homer, didn't something like this happen to you awhile back? You are quick with the BIN and one day you will get something good!

I cant find the bids section on this shitty auction

There is no bid section, on a BIN. :x

:P

:?

There is no bid History on a BIN. If you don't understand, PM and I will explain. :)

I understand that bit,i was questioning what the green smilie that revolutionika posted in response was meant to be for...if you dont understand what i mean Dont pm me as i couldnt be bothered explaining it to you. :roll:

Wow, try to be nice. Oh well, Rev was just joking with me. :)

Homer,

I would contact eBay and try to get your money back. This sounds like a scam to me. If he hasn't shipped it within 7 days of you paying you probably will get your money back from eBay. If you have problems getting your money back from eBay hopefully you paid with a credit card so that you can do a chargeback. If he does ship you something don't be surprised to get a regular Atlantis game.

No problems the person sent me the money back. :D :cool:

Now since I have the money should I just tell the person to keep the game, and count my lucky stars that I have my money back?

Homer,

No problems the person sent me the money back. :D :cool:

Now since I have the money should I just tell the person to keep the game, and count my lucky stars that I have my money back?

It's kind of wierd he sent you the money back though. If it is a scam he had your money so why send it back?....strange.

Edited by Atari2600Lives

I think he sent the money back because Homer refused to give him positive feedback before the item. That's why he e-mailed asking for it. I believe if someone would have said "Yeah, sure, I'll go ahead and do that so you can get the money", he would have taken the money and run.

Since Homer prudently refused the positive feedback, the seller is stuck with money in PayPal he can't collect and an imaginary item that will never ship. The inevitable conclusion to that scenario is Homer doesn't get the item, after a week or so he initiates a PayPal report, and gets his money back anyway.

That's just hassle for the scam artist. If the person doesn't immediately say 'Yes' to the feedback question, it's better to keep the scam going by refunding the money and chalking it up to someone who is too smart, rather than waiting for the PayPal dispute.

Remember, with positive feedback Homer wouldn't be able to dispute the item as well. Without positive feedback, the dispute still works. This is why PayPal generally holds funds for new accounts until positive feedback is given -- so scams just like this one won't work.

Very, very prudent of you Homer! :cool:

Basically told the person to keep the item. I gave them a neutral because they did give me a refund.

Now another question. Can this person file a non paying bidder on me? And if they do, how should I respond?

He probably can, but just keep the emails he gave you and you should have no problem.

It's a new PayPal policy. If a seller has an account for less than 90 days or is under a certain number of transactions, PayPal keeps the money in the PayPal account itself on "hold" until positive feedback is given for the item.

That's probably why the seller/scammer asked for Homer to give him positive feedback, that way he could transfer the money to a bank account and run. If Homer disputed it after that fact, even if Homer won the dispute, there wouldn't be any money in the PayPal account to refund him with.

It's a new security thing PayPal put in for reasons just like this. I think this is what was going to happen.

Homer, didn't something like this happen to you awhile back? You are quick with the BIN and one day you will get something good!

Do you mean getting scammed? I don't remember Homer getting scammed. I do remember Shawn getting scammed with a Pepsi Invaders CIB. I'm talking Atarimania Shawn, not Sr.

Do you mean getting scammed? I don't remember Homer getting scammed. I do remember Shawn getting scammed with a Pepsi Invaders CIB. I'm talking Atarimania Shawn, not Sr.

You are probably right. I don't remember the details, I just remember someone thought they had something rare, but they were just getting scammed.

You are probably right. I don't remember the details, I just remember someone thought they had something rare, but they were just getting scammed.

It was an Atlantis 2 and it was lemoncurry, there is a topic for it somewhere.

HARMONY, PA, United States is where it says he is from on his auction, but his answers sound hauntingly familiar to what I went through with James or Jimmy Orr

BrooklynAtari

NYAtarifan

NYAtariFanatic

nyatarifanatic@aol.com

james.orr@aol.com

I wonder if he moved? :x

I remember that prick. I bought a NIB Crazy Climber (or so I thought) from him for $200. I gambled and lost on that one; paypal and epay were utterly useless. Anyways, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Glad it worked out for you Homer.