IGNORED

Is there a archive to DL ADAM software?

Not sure if there is a list, it has everything available, including docs,pdf,txt,manuals, pictures etc... if you want the software or roms you have to dl the entire thing.

Also not sure if you can run .ddp or .dsk images from the ADAM SD Card directly or if you have to convert....

I highly doubt you'll bebale to use the CV SD Cart, you'll probably need the ADAM version.

Edited by Mark_Coleco

Is there a list of everything that is included in this set? Is this a set of all Colecovisison/ADAM games/utilities ever made? Also, I am curious to know if whoever owns the Coleco rights now has ever made a public statement re: downloading Colecovision/ADAM roms. Thanks.

There are included TEXT lists in the archive that also help to explain any issues when using through an emulator.

As far as the legality of DL'ing roms, ddp image, disk images... one would have to somehow obtain the copyright information and see what the duration of the copyright is. These roms have been available on the web since the beginning of emulation (1996) and have been posted by too many people to count and on too many websites to count as well. This goes for a large amount of ADAM software as well... about 10 of which I wrote and sold commercially and later decided to place in the public domain.

Not only does the above hold true for the CV and ADAM stuff, but every other system (console, handheld, computer, arcade, calculator, pinball, etc., etc.) that has been emulated over the years. Massive archives as well as individual files have been available for years to download on the web and for the most part, no ones seems to object (Nintendo and Sega tried to flex their muscle, but eventually gave in and bought the rights to some of the better emulators and started to make money off it themselves... capitalism at it's best).

So while legally it isn't right (unless the copyrights are no longer valid), I think it is morally wrong to not preserve this stuff and to make it available for the masses to be able to once again enjoy or even play with for the first time.

One other little tidbit, Coleco abandoned ship after only a couple of years. They gave us a tremendous game system in the ColecoVision and in my opinion one of the best 8-bit computers, but left the purchaser of their system out in the cold. Many people came to the forefront of support (Darrel Sage, Lyle Marschand, Jay Forman, Ed Jenkins, Terry Fowler, John Lingrel, Sol Swift, Tony Morehen, Guy Cousineau and on and on) of keeping the ADAM a viable system that many used for years to come thanks to their efforts and everyone that's interested should have the ability to experience all this stuff for themselves. If someone doesn't take the initiative, it will be lost forever... now that would just be an utter waste!

Jim

By copying all files onto the SD Cart, we'll be able to play them on the ADAM? :ponder:

I mean the SuperGames and all ADAM files?

No. ADAM Software as it is currently written will not work through the SD Cart, all existing software would have to be patched and I don't think there would be any takers on that project. Any new software that is written can access the SD Cart as far as Steve/AtariMax has suggested. So only ROM images.

Now the ADAMnet SD Drive is a whole new ballgame and all ADAM Software will work with that without any problems as was explained by Eric (or is it Derrick?)

Edited by NIAD

Jim,

I think Steve was working on adn talking about using the SD cart as a RAM/Storage drive on the Adam potentially. Not sure if he got it figured out, or what came of it, but you can read more here: http://answerpot.com/showthread.php?651632-CV+Ultimate+SD+Cart+on+ADAM

If I'm understanding it correctly, there may be a possibility to run Adam images from the cart, much like (but not quite as simple as) Else's AdamNet SD adapter.

Jim,

If I'm understanding it correctly, there may be a possibility to run Adam images from the cart, much like (but not quite as simple as) Else's AdamNet SD adapter.

That would be FANTASTIC if he could figure it out because this hobby is getting expensive and while I would probably still purchase the ADAMnet SD Drive, I wouldn't be in a hurry.

First, sorry if this is inappropriate and treat this post accordingly if so. I have 2 Colecovisions but it's unlikely I will ever have an ADAM setup. I downloaded the front end and Emulator for the ADAM and I am aware of the downloads at http://www.sacnews.net/adamcomputer/downloads.html but I was wondering is there a place to download disk images for use in the Emulator like : 2010: Graphic Text Adventure (Disk) , ADAM Bomb (Disk)etc? I was just wondering if it was just a case of these images never being dumped? Thanks.

The ColecoVision & ADAM Collection is finally available!! This has been a 7 month process to assemble, organize, test, clean-up, etc., etc. While a lot of the stuff came from my personal collection, I had A LOT of help and contributions for Joe B., Mark_Coleco, Steve P., Guy B. and Bob S. (thanks guys), along with the countless other contributions made over the years by others for items such as artwork, instructions manuals, hardware mods, etc.

The Collection is housed on MediaFire. The main DL is a spanned ZIP file of 34 parts, sorry I didn't use WinRAR but I couldn't find my copy at that time. There are also two updates that I have posted already along with a FIX file (4 files in the main archive were corrupted). BTW, the collection is over 2Gb!!

One thing to be aware of when downloading the individual files is that from time-to-time, 1 or 2 of the files may not be accessible for a couple of days (I guess since the files are not all housed on the same server and sometimes the server is down for maintenance or upgrades). Most people have been able to DL the complete archive without a problem while a handful of others have had to repeatedly attempt to DL 2 of the parts over the course of a couple days before they got them. In a perfect world......

For those not as familiar with the ADAM, I strongly suggest you spend a little time reading through all the A.U.G. Newsletters that are included. There is a tremendous amount of information available in them.

Hope everyone gets a lot of enjoyment from this and if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

HERE IT IS: http://www.mediafire.com/adamcollection

Jim/NIAD

To all followers of the Coleco & ADAM Collection....

Update #03 has now been posted on the MediaFire site listed in the above quote. Please follow any extraction instructions to keep your collection in line. This update is a little lighter on content, but worthwhile nonetheless. I promise to have some good stuff included for the fourth update... coming soon!

Don't forget to check the websites listed at the bottom of my posts for some outstanding Coleco and ADAM information.

Jim

Is this download meant for PC's? I cannot figure out how to extract the files.

Yes, download all 34 parts (as Mark_Coleco) stated (PC or MAC) and then use one of the following: WinZIP, 7zip, WinRAR, etc., to extract the spanned zip archive or to extract individual files which interest you.

Once you have done that, there are currently three Update files available as well as one Fix file (4 files were corrupted during the archiving process and this small file fixes this).

You can use these files with any ColecoVision or ADAM Emulator, also there are numerous PDFs, Pics, Text files, etc. that can be opened up by their repective program on the PC or MAC (I've never used a MAC so I can't offer much help there).

Check out the two websites listed in the footer of this message for a TON of Coleco and ADAM info.

Jim

Edited by NIAD

Okay, I cannot open any of the *.ZXX files, even with 7-zip. Also, when I tried to extract from files that were just Zip, like Coleco-ADAM Collection.zip, it tells me the source and destination are the same volume, can't do it. So I moved the zip to an SD card and tried again, just time it starts asking me for disk 1 of 34.

Okay, I cannot open any of the *.ZXX files, even with 7-zip. Also, when I tried to extract from files that were just Zip, like Coleco-ADAM Collection.zip, it tells me the source and destination are the same volume, can't do it. So I moved the zip to an SD card and tried again, just time it starts asking me for disk 1 of 34.

Sent you a message.... hope it helps.

Is there a way we can pay for the materials/time for a DVD to be shipped out, then we can just download the updated parts over time? Seems like it might be easier. Otherwise another option might be for someone with the whole collection to start a torrent, which I would then seed. Alternately, if I was able to get the whole file, I could split it up into two parts and make it downloadable via Armchair Arcade, where we have unlimited storage and bandwidth.

I also highly recommend "A Drive" (www.adrive.com). It's free, gives you 5GB of storage, and it's trivial to share files for others to download.

Edited by Bill_Loguidice
  • Like 1

Is there a way we can pay for the materials/time for a DVD to be shipped out, then we can just download the updated parts over time? Seems like it might be easier. Otherwise another option might be for someone with the whole collection to start a torrent, which I would then seed. Alternately, if I was able to get the whole file, I could split it up into two parts and make it downloadable via Armchair Arcade, where we have unlimited storage and bandwidth.

I also highly recommend "A Drive" (www.adrive.com). It's free, gives you 5GB of storage, and it's trivial to share files for others to download.

I would love to be able to help you out, but I barely have the time currently (summer months, kids, wife... you know, the real world) to keep up with sorting through the new stuff for updates. There have been about 30 people that have downloaded the archive so far, so hopefully someone can repackage it and make available as a torrent or like you mentioned on ADrive as well as it's current location on MediaFire.

With High-Speed Connections, it's really not a bad download except for the fact that sometimes certains files are not accessible for a day or two due to server issues/updating. PLUS IT'S FREE!!

ADrive sounds a lot like MediaFire so I don't know if things can get any simpler than clicking on the MediaFire link to the download page and then clinking on each individual file to download.

Anyway, I hope when you do eventually download the Collection you get a lot of enjoyment from it. It took a considerable amount of time and hard work by me to put it together and clean-up the images. Also, let's not forget the vast contributions by Joe B., Mark_Coleco, Steve P. and Bob S.

Jim

Has anyone been able to unzip the first archieve? I've downloaded it several times, used my mac and a pc, and several unzip tools and they all say the archive is corrupt. I haven't said anything up until now to see if anyone else has had a problem. Wondering if it's just me?

thanks,

charles

Has anyone been able to unzip the first archieve? I've downloaded it several times, used my mac and a pc, and several unzip tools and they all say the archive is corrupt. I haven't said anything up until now to see if anyone else has had a problem. Wondering if it's just me?

winzip seemed to have fits with the archive segmenting, but winrar was able to do it correctly.

thanks,

charles

Sorry for the difficulty you are experiencing. Just for everyone's information, I used WinZip v11.2 SR-1 (8261) to create the spanned archive. I have also unzipped the archive using 7-Zip v4.62. I'm pretty sure both of these programs were the 64-bit versions for Windows, but this shouldn't cause a problem.

When I get some time, I will re-archive everything with WinRAR and repost. Give me a little time on this. Unfortunately that will mean having to re-download the entire archive again for those who have experienced problems unzipping the current archive.

Jim

Edited by NIAD