IGNORED

Help wanted

I want to get started in Lynx programming. I know a little bit of C, but I would really like to know which programs I need in order to make and compile Lynx games. All I've been able to find is a file named cc65-2.13.2-1. I'm assuming I need this, but I'd really like to use Windows in order to program because I know absolutely nothing about Linux. I don't even know what it is. I managed to find some sample code, and would like to know where to find lynx.h, lynxlib.h and stdlib.h, as well as how to make .obj files. As you can see, I'm really confused. Most of the sites mentioned in the forum I read have broken links, so I can't really find out what programs I need. So, if anyone can tell me what programs I need in order to make a Lynx game as well as (non-broken) links to them, it would greatly be appreciated.

Have you tried the CC65 website?

Once CC65 is installed then, as I remember, you need to the download section an find the headers and library files for your particular device (this is because CC65 is a generic 6502 based compiler).

BTW. CC65 is not a "file" it is a set of programs (compiler, linker, librarian and assembler) that work together to build applications...

Again the CC65 website has documentation as to what you need to do to make applications using the compiler.

You can use the old newcc65 from Bastian Schick

http://www.monlynx.de/download/lynx/old-stuff/newcc65src.zip

the new from cc65.org is used by karri and works different. for example it dosnt except the assembler code from the lynxass.

if you use the newcc65 contact me, cause the fileload lib is bugy

It the same Matthias Domin and sage uses for development.

Regards

Matthias

I've looked through the entire cc65 website and didn't find anything Lynx-specific. I unzipped the newcc65 and looked through the samples, but none were Lynx-specific.

ftp://ftp.musoftware.de/pub/uz/cc65/cc65-lynx-2.13.2-1.zip

There is lots of Lynx specific things in the cc65.

The compiler itself includes Lynx as a target.

On the command line you compile for some specific system with the flag -s

cc65 -s lynx

cc65 -s apple

cc65 -s c128

cc65 -s c64

The compiler also has a built in memory configuration map that knows about the Lynx hardware.

In addition to this there are lynx specific drivers available.

tgi-160-102-16 driver is a graphics driver for the Lynx screen (160 by 102 pixels, 16 colors)

joy driver is a dual button joypad driver

You can also read through the Lynx section of the docs

--

Karri