IGNORED

Man, am I pissed right now!!!!!

bcprs1

I guess I pack things right then. I actually had a buyer put in his comments that my shipping was so secure...that USPS could have dropped it outta the plane and had it land on his front porch and the item would have been in mint condition. That made me feel pretty good...hehe...

:)

Just for future reference, I wouldn't buy from possum-glory anymore. He's owed me 2 common 7800 carts for 2 months now and his excuses get more creative every week

This is the message I just received from him for an item that is over a month in the waiting:

Hello,

This is an automated message sent to you from the email box of James Redd

(possum-glory@usa.com).

If you are receiving this, it means that you still have unanswered email sent to

James' mailbox that he has

not yet seen or had a chance to reply to yet. James is currently away visiting

friends and relatives for

the Thanksgiving Holiday. He sometimes gets hundreds of emails a day, but tries

very hard to answer

all of the ones that have questions or inquiries.

He should be back within a few days or less, and there is also the possibility that

he may be able to log-on

and answer at least some emails during that time from another location. Due to

circumstances beyond his control, there have been recent problems with certain

deliveries of product from Ebay auctions being late in arriving to some customers.

This is NOT the normal mode of operation, and please be assured that if your order

was one of these that James has been working VERY hard to try to find out where it

is or what the status of it currently is so that you can receive it as soon as

possible.

James tried to get as many late orders shipped out as he could before leaving for a

few days for Thanksgiving, and yours may be one of these, so it may be in shipment

to you right at this moment or may even arrive to you before he gets back. If the

reason for your email is that your product has not yet arrived, please rest assured

that James' policy (on file with Ebay) is to issue a complete 100% refund to the

customer in the event that a shipment is lost. No one whatsoever will be out their

money or their product, and if you will check his FEEDBACK on Ebay and the DATES you

will see that customers ARE currently receiving their items! Please do not leave

bad feedback at this point, as James truly could not help some of the delayed

deliveries and sincerely apologises for them. (There are always users who leave

negative comments at the least little thing or without checking first however).

James wishes you and your family a HAPPY THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY as well, and once

again apologises if you are one of the customers whose order has been late or

delayed so far.

Thanks Very Much,

(automated message on behalf of):

James Redd

• 2 weeks later...
Just for future reference, I wouldn't buy from possum-glory anymore. He's owed me 2 common 7800 carts for 2 months now and his excuses get more creative every week

I am now at the 2 month mark from the same seller - tick, tick, tick... Problem is, how does one avoid getting a negative retalitory FB if I have to leave one?

I am now at the 2 month mark from the same seller - tick, tick, tick... Problem is, how does one avoid getting a negative retalitory FB if I have to leave one?

you can't always avoid the retalitory negative but some people have suggested figuring out how long eBay lets you leave feedback for auctions. Like if it was a 90 day limit on any auction before it becomes archived/invalid link then a good strategy would be to leave a negative close to that 90 day (or whatever it is) window and the person may not have time to post back. A little underhanded but it might work ;)

You can also check out or post in the eBay forum at www.auctionwatch.com, I used to get good info about selling on eBay from there.

I would like to just say here that my package from Possum-Glory arrived yesterday in good packaging and no outside damage (a couple of the items were crushed slightly but that was how they were and noted in the auctions). So perhaps he is taking notice of what's been said to him?! :P

Nope. You can post feedback for anyone at any time.

It is illigal for them to not send the item.

The action is a legal contract between Bidder and seller :)

I wish somebody would tell that to the jackass who is still holding my copies of Bomber Raid (SMS) and a GG game for hostage because I won't pay him an extra $5 for shipping (he already has $6 and won't even ship ONE of the two games, let alone refund it back to me for not shipping ANY).

you can't always avoid the retalitory negative but some people have suggested figuring out how long eBay lets you leave feedback for auctions.  Like if it was a 90 day limit on any auction before it becomes archived/invalid link then a good strategy would be to leave a negative close to that 90 day (or whatever it is) window and the person may not have time to post back.  A little underhanded but it might work ;)

Who cares about "underhanded"? If the jackass doesn't fulfill his end of the bargain, he deserves a negative comment. But I can understand that they'll probably do the same to you though.

Who cares about "underhanded"?  If the jackass doesn't fulfill his end of the bargain, he deserves a negative comment.  But I can understand that they'll probably do the same to you though.

In my experience, you may as well leave the negative. I've tried leaving neutrals to be nice and hopefully promote to bad sellers that they should still resolve a dispute, but they either ignore my polite requests to do so or retaliate with NEGATIVE (not neutral) feedback. All of the negatives I've ever received have been retaliatory strikes by dishonest sellers who refused to either refund my money or settle the matter amicably; and lashed out just to get even for the damage done to their (already bad) reputations.

the 'latest excuse' update e-mail:

Hello There,

I finally found out what happened, it seems that the order you

placed with me through Ebay got returned because of an incorrect

address (someone I recently hired to help me got in too big a hurry

and messed up some names and addresses). It has been floating

around in the Postal System somewhere until now, but I have

re-packaged and am re-shipping it to you already, and there is a

tracking number on this item you can use at www.usps.com to see

where the item actually is en route to you if you wish to.

The tracking number is ... and this number

should be active sometime Today or Thursday, 12/11 or 12/12. I sincerely

apologise for the delay in your order getting to you, and I take full

blame for this mistake, and sincerely appreciate your understanding

and outstanding patience.

Thanks Very Much,

James Redd

possum-glory@usa.com

• 2 weeks later...

the 'new and improved latest excuse' e-mail from possum-glory (now over two months waiting), after I noted the tracking number provided was invalid (another bad sign):

Hi,

The tracking number I gave you for your Ebay order may have been incorrect, please use this one instead at www.usps.com if the other one does not work. (It's one or the other).

Thanks very much.

As I said before an eBay auction is a legal contract between Bidder and seller.

I'd wait 2 weeks local, 1 month (or 3 depending if its sea or air mail)

international before fileing a complaint with eBay and/or the relavant

authorities (FBI for Wire or mail fraud or whatever it is in Canada :? ).

Of course you could try warning him of the Action you plan to take

and hope it scares him into doing the right thing (what a scumbag :x ).

I'd wait 2 weeks local, 1 month (or 3 depending if its sea or air mail)  

international before fileing a complaint  with eBay and/or the relavant  

authorities (FBI for Wire or mail fraud or whatever it is in Canada :? ).

Of course you could try warning him of the Action you plan to take

and hope it scares him into doing the right thing (what a scumbag :x ).

Hmmm, a most excellent thought, getting them in big-assed trouble just over a VIDEO GAME!:

Inmate #1: So what'cha in for?

New Guy: I didn't follow through on an e-bay transaction.

Inmate #3: I KILLED a guy who didn't follow through on HIS e-bay transaction, you #%*#!

Do whatever it takes and don't let someone get away with ripping you off, I say.

Wow, thanks for bringing this to attention! I was thinking about buying a  sealed 2600 Xenophobe from him, but not having all the extra cash, I passed. Good thing, I don't want a crushed box of a rare game.

I think I bought that Xenophobe - eBay item 1944834161 - and it says mint in box, well I have paid, so please wish me luck ! :?