IGNORED

do you collect.....

I don't want this to sound negative. But i guess i don't understand owning the games if your not gonna play them. I do understand they are worth a lot more. But the way i see things, a poor person like myself (and i'm sure there's thousands more like me) who would give his left nut for a rare game that never shows up on Ebay (example. Body Slam), while more than likely it's sitting on some collectors shelf collecting dust while if i had it, i'd play the shit out of it.

This wasn't against the O.P. Just collectors in general. I know i'm looking at this unfairly and one sided from my point of view. So Flame Away. :D

I think if you want to collect something just because it looks good on your shelf, why not stuff other people don't want to play? How about Teddy Bears? ;)

I don't want this to sound negative. But i guess i don't understand owning the games if your not gonna play them. I do understand they are worth a lot more. But the way i see things, a poor person like myself (and i'm sure there's thousands more like me) who would give his left nut for a rare game that never shows up on Ebay (example. Body Slam), while more than likely it's sitting on some collectors shelf collecting dust while if i had it, i'd play the shit out of it.

This wasn't against the O.P. Just collectors in general. I know i'm looking at this unfairly and one sided from my point of view. So Flame Away. :D

I think if you want to collect something just because it looks good on your shelf, why not stuff other people don't want to play? How about Teddy Bears? ;)

I see your point....that's why I don't collect new/sealed atari 2600 :)

To be honest, I prefer to play atari 2600 then intellivision. I grow up with an atari 2600.

this weekend, we are going to a pinball show in Allentown (PA) with friend. I will bring an atari 2600 with a few game and we will play atari 2600 in the motel.....it will be our 4 years that we are doing that trip (leaving from Ottawa, Canada) !!!!

yeah I know.

I have one of those plug and I should be ok:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3003670987431?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300367098743&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I do have these in the AtariAge Store, along with other various connectors and cables:

http://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=101

Shipping isn't free, but it's reasonable. And you help support AtariAge. :)

..Al

I got around 30 of those from atariage around 5 years ago...I still have around 5 left !!!!

I won't go out of my way to get boxed games, but if I find them for a good price, so much the better.

Loose is good enough for me. :) Loose is also cheaper...considerably so in the case of releases by the likes of INTV and Atarisoft. The disparity in the prices of rare CIB Intellivision games their loose counterparts is quite remarkable.

CIB all the way on intv.

My atari 2600 is 50/50

Its funny, I'm the same way. I'm very forgiving when it comes to the 2600. Loose carts are just fine, sometimes preferred (I just like boxed copies of my favorites which are all common anyway) however when it comes to Intellivision, which I just started collecting for, I prefer CIB and will actually skip loose carts unless they're dirt cheap. I'm the same way with Sega Master System. I don't want loose carts, just boxed copies. BUT, Genesis I can go either way. Doesn't matter. NES, I also prefer loose. Weird.

I've been playing/collecting for INTV for 11 years now and I started with just trying to get all the games regardless of loose vs CIB. Once I did that , I focused on CIB and now I'm trying for sealed.

For 2600 after the first 200-300 games I started CIB and sealed which I'm still doing.

For CV, loose originally, now CIB and sealed. There seems to be a pattern here and part of it is I just like collecting stuff.icon_smile.gif

CIB all the way on intv.

My atari 2600 is 50/50

Its funny, I'm the same way. I'm very forgiving when it comes to the 2600. Loose carts are just fine, sometimes preferred (I just like boxed copies of my favorites which are all common anyway) however when it comes to Intellivision, which I just started collecting for, I prefer CIB and will actually skip loose carts unless they're dirt cheap. I'm the same way with Sega Master System. I don't want loose carts, just boxed copies. BUT, Genesis I can go either way. Doesn't matter. NES, I also prefer loose. Weird.

I am the same way as you on SMS.i only want boxed.mainly because all the boxes match and look good!

nes....i have mnostly loose carts and maybe 15 boxed.i only have boxed nintendo and nintendo black lcbel boxes.

I prefer cart+ manual or cart+ overlay, myself.

I do have a small collection of cib inty games and while I certainly wouldn't mind adding more b/c I think they look just smashing onna shelf, not having a box isn't a dealbreaker thing for me.

I do NOT have any sealed games and for good reason: the constant urge to open it would drive me absolutely batshit insane. Seriously. I know it would, and I'd just HAVE to open it if only to verify that the game inside is the game on the box and not some prototype of an unreleased game that got slipped in at the factory by mistake. (Like that's ever happened.)

• 5 years later...