IGNORED

Any chane Batari Basic can or will ever support Harmony advanced features?

Pioneer4x4

Is there any chane Batari Basic can or will ever support Harmony advanced features?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/157182-harmony-tech-specsprocessor-architecture/

Yes. That was my plan all along. We have to get a few things working first, but eventually I plan to write a nice kernel and integrate some of this into bB.

• Like 1

Is there any chane Batari Basic can or will ever support Harmony advanced features?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/157182-harmony-tech-specsprocessor-architecture/

Yes. That was my plan all along. We have to get a few things working first, but eventually I plan to write a nice kernel and integrate some of this into bB.

WOW, that will be kick-arse! What will the approx specs be? Ram and rom size, playfield resolution... I now officially give up on my first project and put it on hold other than proof of concept, and will work on stuff for fun only.

Will that be a kernal that takes advantage of the DPC?

Will that be a kernal that takes advantage of the DPC?

DPC+ to be exact, and some of the code will be compiled into ARM asm (especially the time consuming routines such as playfield drawing and scrolling.)

That should sell some more Harmony cartridges. If I get any birthday money, I'll see if I can grab a Harmony cartridge. I'm moving a plastic shelf thingy that I can put my monitor and my Atari 2600 on so the Atari will be even closer to my computer than before. I'll be able to test the crap out of any works in progress on a real Atari 2600 with zero hassles.

We'll probably have to test our games only using the Harmony cartridge if we use advanced features. Will Stella ever emulate Harmony specific games?

That should sell some more Harmony cartridges. If I get any birthday money, I'll see if I can grab a Harmony cartridge. I'm moving a plastic shelf thingy that I can put my monitor and my Atari 2600 on so the Atari will be even closer to my computer than before. I'll be able to test the crap out of any works in progress on a real Atari 2600 with zero hassles.

We'll probably have to test our games only using the Harmony cartridge if we use advanced features. Will Stella ever emulate Harmony specific games?

I like the idea of this. Working on the computer, with the VCS right there is damn cool. Thanks for the work on it Harmony team :)

Well, the functions I plan to write for bB will be written in C and compiled to ARM asm to run on Harmony, but I'd imagine the same functions could also be ported to run on Stella, so at least with these, Stella should support them.

Well, the functions I plan to write for bB will be written in C and compiled to ARM asm to run on Harmony, but I'd imagine the same functions could also be ported to run on Stella, so at least with these, Stella should support them.

That's good news. :thumbsup:

I may have missed it elsewhere 'cause I'm not around much these days (no internet at home), but will Melody support these features also or not at all?

Just wondering if we'll be able to program things with these advance features and mass sell them.

I may have missed it elsewhere 'cause I'm not around much these days (no internet at home), but will Melody support these features also or not at all?

Just wondering if we'll be able to program things with these advance features and mass sell them.

Yes. Harmony is based on Melody hardware, so whatever you create will work on both.