IGNORED

Play Super Mario Bros as Link, Megaman, ...

this is the single greatest thing that has ever happened. Oh my dear lord is this thing cool and fun. The developers get EVERYTHING right, from the character upgrades to the implementation of the player dynamics.

If you could put something like this on a cartridge, I would pay good money.

But why the Mario option and no Kid Icarus????

Thanks for sharing!

Absolutely amazing. If you read the interview with the guy, he sounds sort of crazy. He makes it sound like he worked on this game for almost a year to the preclusion of everything else, including making money to eat. Yikes. But I suppose it'll be worth it. Only 3 days and over a million views. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a job in his field because of it.

this is the single greatest thing that has ever happened. Oh my dear lord is this thing cool and fun. The developers get EVERYTHING right, from the character upgrades to the implementation of the player dynamics.

Totally agreed on all counts. We've all experienced crummy SMB clones, and this definitely isn't one.

Its also brilliant that you can change characters at each new level. If you recall your levels, you can cherry pick the best player for the upcoming level.

Absolutely amazing. If you read the interview with the guy, he sounds sort of crazy. He makes it sound like he worked on this game for almost a year to the preclusion of everything else, including making money to eat. Yikes.

I'm hoping that his madness pays off, and he gets a job offer from Nintendo instead of a cease-and-desist. To echo StanJr's point, I'd buy a version of this that I could play on a console!

Edited by RevEng

by way, has any played "proletariat mouse" for the Krgwcz? Do you know how to get past the second capitalist?

Did you get the "consumer fetishism" power-up? It distracts the capitalist with more things to purchase and consume long enough for you to run by. Be careful, though, if you wait too long, you'll have to use one of your high limit credit cards to take him out for good. And you're going to need all three of those if you are to take out the Greedy Industrialist in the Monopolizing Commerce area of Level 4.

by way, has any played "proletariat mouse" for the Krgwcz? Do you know how to get past the second capitalist?

Did you get the "consumer fetishism" power-up? It distracts the capitalist with more things to purchase and consume long enough for you to run by. Be careful, though, if you wait too long, you'll have to use one of your high limit credit cards to take him out for good. And you're going to need all three of those if you are to take out the Greedy Industrialist in the Monopolizing Commerce area of Level 4.

thanks be to you, i have beaten the level

Now I just can't wait for a talented fellow to follow up this flash game with a port for the real NES machine. This game would sell like hot cakes.

and get shut down by Nintendo about as fast as you can say "Cease and Desist" :(

I am very afraid of zombies, and have never made it through the original night of the living dead. When I play any of the HOTD games too long I have go cuddle with my wife because I am scared. When I play resi 4 for the wii...

I wish that I am controlling wind waker link. he'd be all like "Zwack swoosh", rolling behind them and cutting their legs off before a jumping blow to the domepiece. Instead I have tank controls on a guy with cool hair that is very good at dying.

Now I want to bring the spread gun into resi, and a lightsaber while i'm at it.

It's awesome. I think the Contra guy is my favorite (of course). Simon sucks just as much as in his own games.

Somebody on youtube suggested Billy from Double Dragon - that would be hilarious. He'd need a major jumping boost though.

Minor criticisms:

1 - Link should be the sidescroller Link from Zelda 2, not the Zelda 1 model.

2 - When your character takes a hit, he should react the way he does in his own game, not just freeze like Mario does.

3 - I disagree with some of the platforms he added to help characters get over gaps. Some of those gaps seem like they could be passed without the added help, so they shouldn't be there. Some of them might be difficult with the "wrong" character, but that's fair given the concept of the game. Bogus extra platforms should only be added for gaps that are *impossible* otherwise.

I hope this game doesn't get pulled down. I downloaded the flash files but I don't know if that really worked, I need to try it with internet disconnected.

Yeah, it works.

Use the addon "Flash and Video Download 0.1" in firefox to download it. Download all 5 files into some folder, and open the "preloader" file in firefox to play. It works with internet disconnected.

Edited by gdement

I hope this game doesn't get pulled down. I downloaded the flash files but I don't know if that really worked, I need to try it with internet disconnected.

I doubt it is going to get pulled. Tom Fulp doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who bends to the will of big companies (like in the BBC tellitubbies incident)