IGNORED

Retron3 (NES+SNES+Genesis) and Retro Twin (NES+SNES)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Who can speak to the Retro Twin? How does its compatibility compare to the Retro Duo or the FC Twin? I am mostly concerned about the SNES compatibility here, but feel free to mention the NES compatibility aswell.

Most of these companies get their SNOAC from the same place. It really is a crap shoot sometimes. For example an FC Twin bought 4 years ago does not as good compatibility as an FC Twin bought today.

I have also seen compatibility go backwards before, my guess is they found a lot of lesser version chips somewhere and wanted to use them.

If compatibility is a huge concern of yours then you should just buy the original hardware. Clones are more for convenience of having multiple systems in one and some other features the originals don't offer. The SNES clones these days though are pretty dang good compatibility wise.

If you really want a clone why not spend the extra cash and just get the RetroN3, its probably the best one out at this point in time.

If you really want a clone why not spend the extra cash and just get the RetroN3, its probably the best one out at this point in time.

But doesn't the retron3 mess up the button mapping?

The wireless controllers are useless and have incorrect mapping, but official controllers that you plug into the system are not mapped wrong to my knowledge. I posted that I thought they were when it first came out, but I was incorrect. Also the RetroN3 has a new revision that fixed most of the issues with the system (except the terrible wireless controllers).

Is there someone else claiming they are mapped wrong?

Again, if you are really concerned with compatibility then you should buy the original hardware.