IGNORED

Season 5 Week 9 - Kirby's Adventure (1993)

Welcome to week 9 of the 5th season of the Atari Age NES High Score League!

This season is only going to be 10 weeks long, and will feature one game released each year between 1985 and 1994.

This week's game and the 1993 entry is going to be Kirby's Adventure.

Title: Kirby's Adventure

Developer: HAL Laboratory

Publisher: Nintendo

Released: May 1, 1993 (US)

Twin Galaxies High Score: 1,480,360 by David R. Archey

kirby1.pngkirby2.pngkirby3.pngkirby4.png

Tips:

Watch the intro, because it shows you how to play the game. IT also shows you all of the special abilities that Kirby can obtain.

None yet!

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kirby's Adventure

None yet!

Edited by Jibbajaba

Using twin galaxy rules: 421200   (unfortunately, the snow frogs hit me before I could snap the screenshot in time   :sad: )

post-26139-12730186588_thumb.png

The key is to time the bonus jump JUST RIGHT so you get the 5000 point bonus (level 2) as opposed to the 1up (level 1).  Tomorrow night I'll have time to play again and "study" the egg/bomb game more to see when to stop getting eggs b/c they're useless (and ergo misleading) lives.

Well, not all of 'em.  There's the highly-useful UFO.  It is a great game, and really seems to show what makes a good game: tight controls, good gameplay, replayability, FUN, good difficulty curve, and good graphics/sound to compliment the controls and gameplay.

:?

Though it's generally a one-level-only ability, the UFO is one of the most useful in the entire game. You have four different shots depending on how long you hold down either A or B (Beam, Laser, Star Shot, or Multi-Star Shot). Full movement speed in water, and a full-charge shot can break through blocks only meant for Stone or Hammer. The sad part is, there are only two levels you blatantly run into an enemy with that ability.

It's also one you can glitch for use after the end of a stage.

I'm out of town for the rest of the week on a business trip, so this round is going to go until this weekend. Sunday night sound good?

And if you haven't posted in the thread pertaining to next season's games, DO IT or Christmas is canceled. And by "Christmas", I mean "The NES high score league."

Chris

• 2 years later...