IGNORED

Today's haul

bcprs1

I went to a local thrift store today and was shocked to see an Atari 7800. Unfortunately, it didn't have anything else with it. I talked to someone who worked there and said "oh yeah, we have all the accessories in the back". He comes back with a bag containing the controllers, tv hookup, power supply and 5 games. All this for $7.99. The games are all commons, but I was still happy to get it. This is the first find I have had in months.

Do you already have a 7800?  If that's an extra and not needed, I can give you a Genesis and some genesis games in exchange for the 7800.  Let me know!

Hee hee, how much trading do you DO IceCold? (We just traded games for a controller ourselves in the last day; hopefully the stuff will be in by the weekend, whoo hoo!)

Do you already have a 7800?  If that's an extra and not needed, I can give you a Genesis and some genesis games in exchange for the 7800.  Let me know!

Hee hee, how much trading do you do IceCold? (We just traded games ourselves in the last day; hopefully they'll be in by the weekend, whoo hoo!)

I do tons of trading, very little buying :D :) . Just this week I've got or am getting a Sega Master System(got this already), games from you, games from vidgameking(already got these), and some other games from benjam138. I also received some games and other stuff from lemmi last week. So I do a lot of trading :D

I do tons of trading, very little buying  :D  :)  .  Just this week I've got or am getting a Sega Master System(got this already), games from you, games from vidgameking(already got these), and some other games from benjam138.  I also received some games and other stuff from lemmi last week.  So I do a lot of trading  :D

You must've been a born barterer (is that a word?) :)

Great find.  It's hard to find a 7800 in the wild, espically with the hookups and even more with the games.  Congrats.

Its not that hard. I found two complete 7800's with all hookups and 24 games, six of them boxed just last week.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist) :D

Not that hard??? Geez where are you from? Around here you have to consider yourself very lucky to find ANY atari 2600 cart. Once, and only once, did I see an Atari console at Salv. Army, a darth vader. Years ago, I was able to find carts pretty regularily, but now, it's drier than my baby's behind.

Forgot to mention, I've only found 2600 carts, never a 7800 cart.

Even before I had a 7800, I managed to pick up about 8 carts for $1 apiece in the wild. Robotron 2084, Galaga, Food Fight, etc. Nothing really rare, but just staring at them every day in my collection was what kept me motivated. Gotta get a 7800. Gotta play those games. Gotta get a 7800. Gotta play those games. When I did it was well worth the wait!

Really? When I got my first 7800 awhile ago, it had it's original adaptor, I still have it, and it still works. These things rare or something?

Actually, yeah. Because the 7800 plug is an odd shape and size, and because it's so small and the cord frequently frays, replacements are in high demand.

I've gotta say that my greatest find to date was the power supply by itself. I just saw the blue tip poking out of a milk create at a middle eastern operated flea market.

I needed it bad as the one i already had needed to be taped to the deck to work and still popped out mid game.

I think the only wild carts ive found are dkjr, Mario and galaga.

I think your find is excellent.