IGNORED

My Atlantis 2 Cart is now on Ebay

Scrabbler15

We had a guy come into our shop today (while I was out) saying he had a copy of Atlantis II that he was interested in getting priced out. My partner called me immediately to find out the "real" value of the item. Unfortunately, he did not ask about box, manual or other items. I posted an inquiry regarding fair market value in another thread and then saw Scrabbler's post. I wonder if this guy saw Scrabbler's auction on eBay and decided to dig out the old cart. Does anyone know how many of these were produced? What are the odds of two dropping within the same week? We are going to work with the guy who came into our shop to help him promote his sale if he indeed decides to part with the cart. I suggested that he visit here to let everyone know that he had this cart. I personally could never afford a game this rare and want to make sure this guy (if his claims are legitimate, once again I have not seen the cart yet) gets a fair shake. I will keep everyone posted as I get more info.

Good luck on your auction Scrabbler!

Edited by Waterborn

We had a guy come into our shop today (while I was out) saying he had a copy of Atlantis II that he was interested in getting priced out. My partner called me immediately to find out the "real" value of the item. Unfortunately, he did not ask about box, manual or other items. I posted an inquiry regarding fair market value in another thread and then saw Scrabbler's post. I wonder if this guy saw Scrabbler's auction on eBay and decided to dig out the old cart. Does anyone know how many of these were produced? What are the odds of two dropping within the same week? We are going to work with the guy who came into our shop to help him promote his sale if he indeed decides to part with the cart. I suggested that he visit here to let everyone know that he had this cart. I personally could never afford a game this rare and want to make sure this guy (if his claims are legitimate, once again I have not seen the cart yet) gets a fair shake. I will keep everyone posted as I get more info.

Good luck on your auction Scrabbler!

Thanks Waterborn.

BTW, my shirt doesn't have anything on the back, which is why I didn't take any pictures of the back. I was surprised the first time I saw that pic of CPUWIZ's shirt with printing on the back. And, yes, CPUWIZ, your shirt is in better shape than mine.

The shirt was available directly from Imagic back in the day. I wouldn't think it's as rare as Atlantis II, but it sure seems there's few of them around today. It's sick to think Wonder would buy this set just for the tee shirt.

Good luck with the auction Scrabbler, I enjoyed watching your videos.

Thanks VGA. Glad you liked it.

BTW, my shirt doesn't have anything on the back, which is why I didn't take any pictures of the back. I was surprised the first time I saw that pic of CPUWIZ's shirt with printing on the back. And, yes, CPUWIZ, your shirt is in better shape than mine.

Hmm, generic back huh? :ponder:

I WONDER. :D

:)

Then which shirt is the real one???? I WONDER......

Then which shirt is the real one???? I WONDER......

Hell, you might as well get them both, just to make sure. :D

True....I really want the shirts to be in great condition for the museum.....not sure what to do at this time....maybe I'll just wait......

Do I really want to drive up the price of this auction just to get the shirt....not sure now......

True....I really want the shirts to be in great condition for the museum.....not sure what to do at this time....maybe I'll just wait......

Do I really want to drive up the price of this auction just to get the shirt....not sure now......

If the shirt that was sent out with the A2 carts is indeed different to the ones available through imagic, then the shirts will be far rarer than the carts themselves. The carts are almost indestructible, whereas most of the contestants would have worn their shirts and probably worn them out. Most would have finished their lives as oily rags. I know I had a few Nintendo dealer T shirts that I got back in the day that finished their lives as such. :skull: I think I kept my GBA Mario baseball cap though. I wonder what ever happened to it :ponder:

If the shirt that was sent out with the A2 carts is indeed different to the ones available through imagic, then the shirts will be far rarer than the carts themselves. The carts are almost indestructible, whereas most of the contestants would have worn their shirts and probably worn them out. Most would have finished their lives as oily rags. I know I had a few Nintendo dealer T shirts that I got back in the day that finished their lives as such. :skull: I think I kept my GBA Mario baseball cap though. I wonder what ever happened to it :ponder:

Dino is right. To have a complete Atlantis II Kit, You will need the original shirt, and as far as we know, this is the only one. HHW

Dino is right. To have a complete Atlantis II Kit, You will need the original shirt, and as far as we know, this is the only one. HHW

Or maybe mine and the_5th_ghost's are from an actual competition. :ponder:

Or maybe the dudes at the Imagic warehouse were stoned and sent out whatever they could find. :ponder:

Or maybe these are all Hozer shirts. :ponder:

Or it doesn't really matter, since we only know of 3 of them anyway, which makes them super rare either way. :P

:D

HozerShirt.jpg

Or maybe the dudes at the Imagic warehouse were stoned and sent out whatever they could find. :ponder:

Or it doesn't really matter, since we only know of 3 of them anyway, which makes them super rare either way. :P

I agree they are super rare and a very cool. Wish I had one. ;)

There is actually 4 known to exist. It seems that one people have forgotten about.

There is actually 4 known to exist. It seems that one people have forgotten about.

Speak in riddles, you must not. yoda.gif

And it's "are actually", not "is actually", I won't even comment on the second sentence. :P

Here is what I know about the T-shirt topic:

Imagic mailed mine to me. I wore it for a long time. When it started wearing out, I folded it up and put it in a drawer with all my other T-shirts-that-I-have-an-emotional-attachment-to-from-long-long-ago.

Here's my thoughts on CPUWIZ's options:

I think option 1 is likely (actual competition).

I think option 2 is also a possibility (the drug-induced-stupor delivery option).

I'm ruling out option 3 (the Hozer option), just because I know the entire history of my shirt.

I think option 4 is the key point and having any one of these shirts is ridiculously-are-you-kiddin-me kind of rare.

I'll try to post more pics of my shirt (especially the back) after work today.

post-26187-127375151596_thumb.jpgpost-26187-127375151391_thumb.jpgpost-26187-127375151149_thumb.jpgpost-26187-127375151799_thumb.jpg

Here is what I know about the T-shirt topic:

Imagic mailed mine to me. I wore it for a long time. When it started wearing out, I folded it up and put it in a drawer with all my other T-shirts-that-I-have-an-emotional-attachment-to-from-long-long-ago.

Here's my thoughts on CPUWIZ's options:

I think option 1 is likely (actual competition).

I think option 2 is also a possibility (the drug-induced-stupor delivery option).

I'm ruling out option 3 (the Hozer option), just because I know the entire history of my shirt.

I think option 4 is the key point and having any one of these shirts is ridiculously-are-you-kiddin-me kind of rare.

I'll try to post more pics of my shirt (especially the back) after work today.