IGNORED

Swordquest Waterworld, Chase the Chuckwagon, Atari Video Cube (Bundle Pack)

atarifan78

For those that are interested here is an unusual auction for all three games (Swordquest Waterworld, Chase the Chuckwagon, Atari Video Cube) bundled together in a package

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3205335837931?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320533583793&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Ends tomorrow and current bid is only $71.00 i will be watching this one, I have seen Waterworld and Chuckwagon alone go for alomost $200 each!

They all do look to be in great shape from the photo.

For those that are interested here is an unusual auction for all three games (Swordquest Waterworld, Chase the Chuckwagon, Atari Video Cube) bundled together in a package

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3205335837931?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320533583793&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Ends tomorrow and current bid is only $71.00 i will be watching this one, I have seen Waterworld and Chuckwagon alone go for alomost $200 each!

You will get a lot more visibility if you place this in the market place section under auctions.

You will get a lot more visibility if you place this in the market place section under auctions.

He all ready did. He has two threads running.

The end labels are in great condition just like the main labels. These are really nice condition cartridges.

I haven't seen Waterworld or Chase for $65 to $80 in years. They are usually listed on ebay for $150 - $180 each.

The reserve shouldn't be an issue because it is set very low. If I get a few more bids I might lower it even more to encourage more bids. i am not asking the world for a really nice bundle.

Nobody likes reserve auctions. Also Chase and Water World Loose are between $65 and $80 Carts, IMO. The labels look real nice though. Do they have end labels???? HHW

The end labels are in great condition just like the main labels. These are really nice condition cartridges.

I haven't seen Waterworld or Chase for $65 to $80 in years. They are usually listed on ebay for $150 - $180 each.

The reserve shouldn't be an issue because it is set very low. If I get a few more bids I might lower it even more to encourage more bids. i am not asking the world for a really nice bundle.

Nobody likes reserve auctions. Also Chase and Water World Loose are between $65 and $80 Carts, IMO. The labels look real nice though. Do they have end labels???? HHW

Here are two completed auctions of Chase

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2904347992791?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290434799279&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1704831224421?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170483122442&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

and a Water World that hasn't sold yet for $80

https://www.atari2600.com/item--Swordquest-WaterWorld--PROD6919.html

Just so you don't think I am yanking your chain.

If your reserve is around $150 you should surpass that. Good Luck. HHW

...i will be watching this one...

Wait, this is YOUR auction!??! After you strongly strongly imply that it's not? Nice. You realize that's flat-out lying, right? Major FAIL, buddy, major FAIL. It's always better to be honest.

Wait, this is YOUR auction!??! After you strongly strongly imply that it's not? Nice. You realize that's flat-out lying, right? Major FAIL, buddy, major FAIL. It's always better to be honest.

Saying CTCW and Waterworld are $200 carts is a fail worse than joining AA, pimping your auction then pretending to be "watching" it as an outsider.

Saying CTCW and Waterworld are $200 carts is a fail worse than joining AA, pimping your auction then pretending to be "watching" it as an outsider.

Yeah... see my post right above yours. Major fail x2. Now hopefully he'll come back with some ridiculous excuse defending his blatant lying/misrepresentation for the trifecta of fail.

Waterworld is the most expensive, Chase the Chuckwagon going for 200 is nutso unless it's complete. I've bid on a couple CTCW auctions and always seem to end around 75-90 dollars. You got some good games but you went about doing your promoting of them the wrong way, bet ya many of the diehard Atari buyers here are put off by way you are exagerating worth and way you implied that there is a great auction but never saying it was yours. Who does that? Now potential buyers here have to wonder if they have to worry about shill bidding to up the price. You would have done better splitting them all up anyways. I have the speculation the only reason you signed up here is to promote your auction and not cool how you went about doing it and after your auction ends will never be heard from again on the boards. As stated by many, honesty is the best policy.

Recently I listed three R8s together (Crazy Climber, Rubik's Cube, and Gravitar Silver) and set the minimum price to $150.00 and not one bid. I assume because the labels were not flawless. Even so, there was a time when I first started collecting when I would have jumped all over that. Think I'll just hold on to them until the stock market goes up again.

I admit I am a newbie to these boards and to posting an auction period.

That being said the auction speaks for itself. My ebay feedback speaks for itself also. Three nice rare games with a low reserve. To suggest I would shill bid or whatever is absolutely basisless I do resent that. If the games don't hit the reserve I will put them back in the closet for another year and try again no big deal.

I never seen so many people looking to give others a reason not to bid in an auction to try to keep the price low so they can snipe it cheap. Some of the people bashing my auction have in fact bid on the auction. LOL

The market price of the games will be dictated by the final bid in the auction. Not the few so called experts here stating Waterworld is worth $50 in mint condition!!

Good luck to those bidding. They are nice games in great condition. Thanks!

Waterworld is the most expensive, Chase the Chuckwagon going for 200 is nutso unless it's complete. I've bid on a couple CTCW auctions and always seem to end around 75-90 dollars. You got some good games but you went about doing your promoting of them the wrong way, bet ya many of the diehard Atari buyers here are put off by way you are exagerating worth and way you implied that there is a great auction but never saying it was yours. Who does that? Now potential buyers here have to wonder if they have to worry about shill bidding to up the price. You would have done better splitting them all up anyways. I have the speculation the only reason you signed up here is to promote your auction and not cool how you went about doing it and after your auction ends will never be heard from again on the boards. As stated by many, honesty is the best policy.

So, tracking from June 07 to June 08...

Jun-29-08 - loose Waterworld = $43.88

Jun-06-08 - loose Waterworld = $91

May-20-08 - loose Waterworld = $51.09

Apr-25-08 - loose Waterworld = $56.00 (w/ instruction manual and poster)

Apr-16-08 - loose Waterworld = $53.36

Apr-13-08 - loose Waterworld = $66

Apr-02-08 - loose Waterworld = $73

Mar-24-08 - loose Waterworld = $69 (w/ instruction manual & hint book)

Mar-20-08 - loose Waterworld = $69 (started at $0.99, worked up over 11 bids - a month between carts can make a difference)

Feb-25-08 - loose Waterworld = $42.03 (mixed in a lot with 16 other carts & 2 joysticks, only identified in the auction text as "Swordquest")

Feb-22-08 - loose Waterworld = $77

*Feb-21-08 - loose Waterworld = $73.50 starting price, $97.50 BIN, it had some bids, seller pulled auction before scheduled end on 2/26

Feb-20-08 - loose Waterworld = $69.99 BIN, did not sell (main label slightly crooked)

Feb-19-08 - loose Waterworld (w/ loose Earthworld and Fireworld) = $102.50 <-- ouch

Feb-12-08 - loose Waterworld = $73.01

Feb-11-08 - loose Waterworld = $45 shipped, on AtariAge

Jan-31-08 - loose Waterworld = $81.33 (complete docs + loose EW (manual, comic, poster) & loose FW w/ manual & comic)

Jan-27-08 - loose Waterword = $147.50 (proving all you need are 2 determined bidders who are ignorant of past value :P )

Jan-23-08 - loose Waterworld = $72.99 BIN, did not sell

Jan-21-08 - loose Waterworld (w/ loose Earthworld and Fireworld) = $52.27

Jan-03-08 - loose Waterworld (w/ loose Earthworld and Fireworld) = $49.89

Jan-03-08 - loose Waterworld = $74.99 BIN, did not sell

Dec-28-07 - loose Waterworld = $70 BIN (w/ free shipping), did sell (relist of Dec-20 cart)

Dec-20-07 - loose Waterworld = $70 BIN (w/ free shipping), did not sell

Dec-20-07 - loose Waterworld = $74.99 BIN, did not sell

Dec-08-07 - loose Waterworld = $71.00 (starting price $0.99, free shipping from Canada letter post to North America)

Dec-03-07 - loose Waterworld = $66.07 (starting price $59.95, $79.95 BIN)

Dec-02-07 - loose Waterworld = $41.00 (starting price $9.99)

Nov-25-07 - loose Waterworld = $49.99

Nov-19-07 - loose Waterworld w/ manual, comics, sheet, and poster = $128.37

Nov-17-07 - loose Waterworld = $56

Oct-14-07 - loose Waterworld w/ instructions (plus the other 2 SQ games loose w/ instructions) = $76

*Oct-07-07 - loose Waterworld w/ instructions + cheat sheet = $125.00 opening bid, 0 bids

Oct-07-07 - loose Waterworld = $92.50

Sep-25-07 - loose Waterworld = $66

*Sep-25-07 - loose Waterworld, does not work properly = $21.51 (nice looking cart)

Sep-03-07 - loose Waterworld (w/ loose Spacechase) = $76

Aug-16-07 - loose Waterworld = $67.66

Aug-13-07 - loose Waterworld = $76.00

Aug-06-07 - loose Waterworld = $64.99 BIN (original BIN was $74.99)

Jul-06-07 - Waterworld CIB = $266

Jun-09-07 - loose Waterworld = $73.59

Jun-02-07 - loose Waterworld (w/ 2 other loose SQ games) = $71.00

*May-31-07 - loose Waterworld: opening bid $69.95, BIN $84.95, final value unknown (relisting of May-15 item)

*May-15-07 - loose Waterworld: opening bid $74.95, BIN $94.95, did not sell (relist of Apr-30 item)

*Apr-30-07 - loose Waterworld: opening bid $74.95, BIN $94.95, did not sell

*Mar-30-07 - loose Waterworld: opening bid $0.99, BIN $80, final value unknown

*Mar-27-07 - loose Waterworld w/ manuals: opening bid $99.95 (0 bids), final value unknown

*Mar-19-07 - loose Waterworld, $1.00 (after 3 bids), BIN $75.00, final value unknown

*Mar-12-07 - loose Waterworld: opening bid $54.95 (0 bids), BIN $69.95, final value unknown

*Feb-28-07 - loose Waterworld, opening bid $1.00 (0 bids), final value unknown

*Feb-07-07 - loose Waterworld mixed in lot w/ other carts & console, opening bid $75.00 (0 bids), final value unknown

*Feb-01-07 - loose Waterworld: opening bid $48.88 (1 bid), final value unknown

*Jan-27-07 - loose Waterworld w/ Vader 2600: opening bid $0.99 (0 bids), final value unknown

*Jan-21-07 - loose Waterworld: opening bid $59.95 (0 bids), BIN $99.95, final value unknown (relist of Jan-16 item)

*Jan-16-07 - loose Waterworld: opening bid $69.95 (0 bids), BIN $109.95, did not sell (relist of Jan-13 item)

*Jan-13-07 - loose Waterworld: opening bid $89.95 (0 bids), BIN $149.95, did not sell

And the price guide at https://www.atari2600.com/priceguide/ has the current market value of a loose SQ:WW cart at $74.33, so the price has been holding more or less constant for 3 years now @ around $70.

I admit I am a newbie to these boards and to posting an auction period.

That being said the auction speaks for itself. My ebay feedback speaks for itself also. Three nice rare games with a low reserve. To suggest I would shill bid or whatever is absolutely basisless I do resent that. If the games don't hit the reserve I will put them back in the closet for another year and try again no big deal.

I never seen so many people looking to give others a reason not to bid in an auction to try to keep the price low so they can snipe it cheap. Some of the people bashing my auction have in fact bid on the auction. LOL

The market price of the games will be dictated by the final bid in the auction. Not the few so called experts here stating Waterworld is worth $50 in mint condition!!

Good luck to those bidding. They are nice games in great condition. Thanks!

I'm a newbie here myself but even I know what is right to do or not. I'm also member of gamegavel and other sites. Being a newbie doesn't mean that promoting an auction and not saying its yours, is acceptable. I mean, who does that? Then you say I'll be watching it. That gives false impressions. I don't say you are going to shill the auction but that popped into my head when I was reading your 2 threads. You resent it and sorry about mentioning it but can you blame someone for having doubts. You opened yourself up to it, not from me. You have some great games. I stated that they will go for close to 200 dollars probably. Waterworld by itself should get a little less than 100, guessing 85, editing because I see a person has listed a list of Waterworld and not as expensive as I though. If you would have said I have a great auction of games I wouldn't have said a darn thing except, wow that's a nice lot but 2 rich for my blood, etc. Of couse people want to get things at the best price they can but the games are not worth what you implied. Show a few auctions where CTCW in loose cart form got close to 200 dollars. I'll leave this thread alone now. Had my say and just be more upfront on stuff and you won't get the flack and comments like mine.

Edited by cvgplus

I honestly believe you will "shill bid" on these or would have until you were called out on it. It is not that far fetched, you did pretend you were someone else posting this auction, why wouldn't you also pretend you were someone else bidding on this auction since you did state "I'll be watching this auction" meaning it would not be unusual to see bids placed with your atariage screen name...pretty shitty, I will be adding you to my list of sellers to avoid.

• Like 1

You honestly have every right to believe whatever you'd like. God Bless America for this right.

To the rest best of luck with the bids.

If it doesn't hit the reserve it doesn't no big deal i'll hold onto them.

I honestly believe you will "shill bid" on these or would have until you were called out on it. It is not that far fetched, you did pretend you were someone else posting this auction, why wouldn't you also pretend you were someone else bidding on this auction since you did state "I'll be watching this auction" meaning it would not be unusual to see bids placed with your atariage screen name...pretty shitty, I will be adding you to my list of sellers to avoid.

If anyone here can show me where I placed a bid on this auction they can have the games for free. This is a baseless non factual accusation that boardlines character defamation.

Again show me any evidence of a shill bid on this auction that I placed and I will end the auction and send you the games for free!

Yes I wrote the ad in the third person thinking it would sound better I never denied owning the games or the fact that this was my auction. I appologize if it sounded poorly or appears in a forum in bad taste.

To suggest that I will shill bid out of left field is baseless and just a tactic to keep others from bidding in this auction. Shameful and disgusting with no evidence and nothing to suguest I have or would.

Good luck on your auction atarifan78.

I hope you win.

LOL, if you were referring to me as one "trying to keep your auction price down", you're also delusional. I said what I said because you proved yourself from your very first post here to be a liar. We have a close community here where we largely avoid fraudulent people, scammers, liars, and other shady types. You proved yourself right away to be one or all of those, so I wouldn't touch your auction with someone else's 10-foot pole. I agree with the others that showing this type of shadiness, we have no reason to think you wouldn't shill bid on your own auction. You came right back with the win on the trifecta of fail, just as I predicted. If you'd come in here honestly promoting your auction, you would have been met with mild interest at the very worst, and a warm welcome at the best. You brought it all on yourself. Have a swell auction. I hope you win also LOL, best post of the whole thread from shadowdoggie :)

EDIT: "Thinking it would sound better" my ass. You meant to do it, it was lame, end of story. You defamed your own character from post 1.

Yes I meant to make it sound third person I thought it would sound better. I appologized i'm not used to how forums work.

I never denied it was my auction. Show me evidence of me shill bidding in that auction and I will give you the games for free. Otherwise don't bid in the auction and have a nice day.

LOL, if you were referring to me as one "trying to keep your auction price down", you're also delusional. I said what I said because you proved yourself from your very first post here to be a liar. We have a close community here where we largely avoid fraudulent people, scammers, liars, and other shady types. You proved yourself right away to be one or all of those, so I wouldn't touch your auction with someone else's 10-foot pole. I agree with the others that showing this type of shadiness, we have no reason to think you wouldn't shill bid on your own auction. You came right back with the win on the trifecta of fail, just as I predicted. If you'd come in here honestly promoting your auction, you would have been met with mild interest at the very worst, and a warm welcome at the best. You brought it all on yourself. Have a swell auction. I hope you win also LOL, best post of the whole thread from shadowdoggie :)

EDIT: "Thinking it would sound better" my ass. You meant to do it, it was lame, end of story. You defamed your own character from post 1.