RXB v2000 (19xx)(Rich Gilbertson)(Part 3 of 3).zip

RXB v2001 & Super Editor Assembler (19xx)(Rich Gilbertson)(Part 1 of 3).zip

RXB v2001 & Super Editor Assembler (19xx)(Rich Gilbertson)(Part 2 of 3).zip

RXB v2001 & Super Editor Assembler (19xx)(Rich Gilbertson)(Part 3 of 3).zip

RXB v5.55 (1992)(Cadd Electronics - Rich Gilbertson)(Part 1 of 3).zip

RXB v5.55 (1992)(Cadd Electronics - Rich Gilbertson)(Part 2 of 3).zip

RXB v5.55 (1992)(Cadd Electronics - Rich Gilbertson)(Part 3 of 3).zip

:|

Cool I saw the original XB source code there. Can you download it? My old password no longer works so I do not have access to all the stuff I put on the site. Kind of funny the TI Techincal Manual came from me along with other stuff that I paid $300 dollars for back then. I spent hundreds of dollars for Manual and Source code from TI and put them out there for everyone. (hoping not to get sued.)

Here's a zip... hope everything you need is there. =)

Thank you.

One of my SCSI hard drives crashed not to long after I uploaded to WHT FTP the Original TI XB source code, and I gave my books to a buddy and never got them back so if someone can find the Origianl TI XB source code I uploaded that would be great.

My RXB version 111 was also out there somewhere and that was just Texas Instruments original XB version 110 that I just fixed errors in it I found. Version 1000 was GKXB and version 1005 was my first effort at adding my own ideas.

Can you download it? My old password no longer works so I do not have access to all the stuff I put on the site.

You don't need a password to download from WHTech, just to be clear. You can freely access it via FTP or HTTP.

I do not use my Windows XB to surf the web instead I use my Mac Pro with OS X to do that as it is much faster and has a huge hard drives. So far everysingle time I access the FTW it does a password check and refuses to let me in.

I have no idea why it does this as it is the only site I have ever seen this happen. It will also not let me browse as a new user either. When I run emulators I switch to XB or Vista on my Mac Pro which requires a reboot to that drive.

I pass things back an forth to different OS XP Vista OSX by using 4Gig flash drives. I suppose I could try XP next time I am on it.

Hey buddy... You can just DL a free FTP client and access the database by entering :

ftp.whtech.com

in the host pathname field. That's how I do it... I stay away from the http access, as I used to have issues accessing it via my Mac OSX machine as well. ;) Kinda turned me off to it. I use "Filezilla", but I don't know if there's a Mac version of that particular software package.

Can you download it? My old password no longer works so I do not have access to all the stuff I put on the site.

You don't need a password to download from WHTech, just to be clear. You can freely access it via FTP or HTTP.

I do not use my Windows XB to surf the web instead I use my Mac Pro with OS X to do that as it is much faster and has a huge hard drives. So far everysingle time I access the FTW it does a password check and refuses to let me in.

I have no idea why it does this as it is the only site I have ever seen this happen. It will also not let me browse as a new user either. When I run emulators I switch to XB or Vista on my Mac Pro which requires a reboot to that drive.

I pass things back an forth to different OS XP Vista OSX by using 4Gig flash drives. I suppose I could try XP next time I am on it.

For the most part, you can assume that FTP servers always require credentials. In this case, it wants anonymous credentials, which are the username "anonymous" and your email address as a password.

Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\user>ftp ftp.whtech.com
Connected to ftp.whtech.com.
220 ProFTPD 1.3.2c Server ready.
User (ftp.whtech.com:(none)): anonymous
331 Password required for anonymous
Password:
230-           Western Horizon Technologies TI 99/4a and Geneve Archive

20,000+ files using 20 gigabytes as of 8-01-2009 and still growing!!
Need Web hosting? Try Lizard Hill Hosting! Hosting packages start at just $3.34
per month for 5000 MB of space and unlimited transfer. http://www.lizardhill.com

Now you can search the archives!! Visit http://www.whtech.com/ti/ftp_search.html

DVD SETS NOW AVAILABLE!!!

This entire site is now available on 5 DVD-R's for only $35.00 + S&H ($5.00 US).

If you would like to order a DVD set, please call our main number at
702-496-1842 or email sales@whtech.com. We accept Visa, MasterCard,
American Express and Discover. Shipping available world wide
(at additional cost).

CALL AND ORDER TODAY!!!

Items sorted by category. Most files are TI native in archiver (.ark) format.
Files with an .exe or .pdf or .zip are intended for use on a PC.

Most of the magazine archives are files of .max or .cbz format. You will need to
download and install the paper port viewer in the /viewers directory to view
the .max files and the CDiplay viewer in the /viewers directory to view the .cbz
files.

Anonymous FTP uploads have been disabled. If you have contributions for the site
please email don@whtech.com for information how to post.

Thanks and enjoy!

Don O'Neil
don@whtech.com
Western Horizon Technologies
1-702-496-1842
230 User anonymous logged in
ftp>

Edited by OLD CS1

Yep, it will still ASK, but use the instructions that OLD CS1 provides for FTP. That's the standard for anonymous login. :)

Or just visit the HTTP interface with the web browser of your choice: http://ftp.whtech.com (yes, the URL is a little confusing). I guess Owen says he had trouble with it under his OSX.

There's still one other thing to try, most modern Web Browsers can access FTP too, so you can try ftp://ftp.whtech.com in your web browser for a more basic interface.

Guess XB is XP then and there. ;)

LOL yea, well I am on my XP OS on my Mac Pro now so I can use this to login with the PC side of the Mac and no need to switch. By way got onto the FTW and it just plain is hosed when access by Safari on Mac.

The PC side works fine. Looked for my old download of original XB GPL and Assembly Source code. But sadly it is not there anymore, some of the other manuals and documents are there but not the best one.

Apparently TI Basic and/or kernal was more or less written by Microsoft !? Since you know/have seen XB source, do you know who did XB ?

:)

The rumor that MS did any of the TI is absolutely false. I had the source code from one of the original programmers and all the side notes written on the borders explain it was all in house by TI programmers and the say things like this and that on the Calculator versions like the programmable TI83 handheld or comments on how they did something similar on the 990 mini frame computer. Matter of fact if you get ahold of the Source code from the 990 you can see the same exact code all over the place, they just only slightly updated it from the 990.

Now it is true TI contacted MS about doing some work, but MS had way to many problems with getting it right on the Intel and AMD and other processors out there. That is why Microsoft spent a fortune to destroy the CrossAssembler market and keep them in court so they

could not sell products by filing injunctions all the time. That is part of the reason we have so few CPU names around today is MS was the bad guy here. I have buddies that MS just drove out of the market by doing this, they did not want DOS or Windows to run on anything

that MS did not have direct control over. Very much like Apple today.

Maybe this rumor became popular as some of the new TI programmers were stolen or fired from Microsoft and the facts got twisted. Remember the TI PC ran a version of DOS by TI that just blew MS out of the water but got sued as the code was very close to same. As some of

the TI programmers were originally from MS that was why they lost in court, but other companies did not get into trouble, IBM did the same thing but had more money for a fight with so IBM could keep on making it despite MS.

The rumor that MS did any of the TI is absolutely false.

This has been the source of heated debates in the past, but there is a huge body of evidence that says Microsoft did do it. I don't really care to dig it all up yet again, but if you go through the mailing list over at Yahoo you can dig out some of the old thread. There's a fair bit of published work that says so as well. It's beyond just rumour, it's been reluctantly accepted as fact. If it's actually false, can you produce anything that shows this to be the case?

Given that the OS and BASIC were written in GPL and not in assembly, it seems strange that it would be just a slight modification of the 990 version. Can you provide that 990 source?

IBM had nothing to fear from Microsoft from their DOS, Microsoft /definately/ provided the IBM PC DOS - this point is extremely well documented. (They didn't write it themselves, that's also well documented, but they did provide it. They were not going to sue IBM for having it.)

I'm sorry to be so doubting on this point, but it is one of the points that gets argued passionately in the TI community against evidence, and I'd rather bring evidence against evidence. :)

Well Microsoft did work on Multiplan.

They had a C cross-compiler that generated bytecode for their interpreter running on the TI-99/4A.

That's the one embedded in Microsoft Multiplan.

I have used crosscompilers and that is not really work. You put in the software punch in some of the register differences and opcodes

and wait for it to spit out a copy. Most time it takes less then 4 tries on almost anything.

• 3 months later...

Just finished code and a RXB program to do the work. Only glitch so far is Program Image files less then 3 sectors sometimes hang. You can leave them as Program Image or just merge them into one bigger file.

Anyway the program takes Program Image files and turns them into Internal Variable 254 files. I got so sick and tired of not being able to put XB and EA on the same disk without a score card to keep track.

So this was the solution to the problem. RXB still loads Program Image files fine, it just saves in Internal Variable 254. The Catalog bonus is very big, and organization is much better now.

• 1 month later...

Just finished the Rich Editor Assembler that will be included with release of RXB 2012. List of features are from Catalog/Directory:

V = View a file

A = Assembly Assembler

G= GPL Assember

From the Main menu 2 is Assembler and a A or G option. Or use the Catalog/Directory to load G or A (Assemblers) automatically.

From the Main menu 1 is Editor and 2 will load the Editor. Or if Catalog/Directory is used will automatically load the Editor before loading the file selected.

Video demo of Rich Editor Assembler 2012

• Like 1

I have used crosscompilers and that is not really work. You put in the software punch in some of the register differences and opcodes

and wait for it to spit out a copy. Most time it takes less then 4 tries on almost anything.

The above really doesn't make much sense to me. I guess you're generally putting down cross compilers ?

The above really doesn't make much sense to me. I guess you're generally putting down cross compilers ?

No just used several of them on several computers. Just pointing out they really are great as not very hard to convert from one computer to another. Not a problem today as they are all almost the same except for the PPC or oddball chips.

But it would be nice to have them for the older systems like the TI or Atari or others. I was just pointing out how easy they are to use, not much work. Did you see the video of REA demo?

Did you see the video of REA demo?

Yes I actually did, but then I use a cross assembler (with the TI in mind) and I see no reason why I shouldn't stick with that.

I understand as you do not use GPL either. Just wondered as RXB will also have some new features also.

Just finished the Rich Editor Assembler that will be included with release of RXB 2012. List of features are from Catalog/Directory:

V = View a file

A = Assembly Assembler

G= GPL Assember

I like the GPL assembler. An IDE for the TI is a great idea. I am looking forward to the release. Will it be available as a cartridge, or will we need to build our own with ROMs and module?

V = View a file

A = Assembly Assembler

G= GPL Assember

I like the GPL assembler. An IDE for the TI is a great idea. I am looking forward to the release. Will it be available as a cartridge, or will we need to build our own with ROMs and module?

Well RXB and REA are freeware so afraid you would have to put it on a cart yourself. I think it would work best if you put the REA with a 8K RAM so it ils like a supercart in one GROM page and put RXB in another GROM page with it's ROMS.

Edited by RXB

• 1 month later...