IGNORED

Can't get EtherNEC/Sting working on TT

Greetings,

For some reason, I cannot seem to get my EtherNEC working my at TT with Sting. I do not have enough hard disk space to install MiNT yet, so I'm just trying to use Sting to FTP some files. The EtherNEC and Sting were working on my Falcon, so I copied the files and configuration from the Falcon to the TT. I'm pretty sure the Route.tab, Sting.inf, and Default.cfg are all correct since ftp and web browsing worked on the Falcon. The Sting CPX can read the MAC address from the ethernet card, so I'm pretty sure it is communicating with the card. Still, I cannot ping any address, do a traceroute, or otherwise get any Internet software to work. Is anyone using EtherNEC on a TT?

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ethernec on a TT is exactly the same as on a Falcon apart from the fact that the TT is faster (as in so many cases).

If you really copied all files it should work.

I agree with Jens - just make sure you don't somehow have a different port

picked - the Mega STe and TT have a huge range of serial ports to play with.

PS Hey Jens! :)

First check small fuse near the cartridge port, it could be blown.

I am using EtherNEC with my TT for several years. It works great under MiNT environment for me. Unfortunately I cannot tell you anything about STIK/STING. But my friend had serious troubles with it. We tried my EtherNEC in his computer and other things. Finally we found out that the EtherNEC does't work well if there is AixTT RAM card installed in the TT. When he switched to different TT RAM card EtherNEC works nice.

Okay, this could be a clue; I haven't checked the flags for Sting and ST/TT-ram, so maybe it doesn't want to run from TT-Ram or something. I'm not using an AixTT in the TT at the moment, just Atari 4ST/16TT units.

I have checked the port fuse, which seems to be fine. Also, the program seems to be able to read the MAC address, which I assume it would not do if the fuse was blown. I'll have to dig out a different cartridge to test on the port.

Thanks