IGNORED

A.P.E 1.4 (DOS) compatibility with WinXP?

Gunstar

All that being said above...I've checked my interface and it's working correctly.APE 1.18 through DOSBOX emulation didn't work and I couldn't get Prosystem 1.18 to work with my 10502PC and 1050 drive either. So the problem is on the PC side even if my PC says everything is working right. I think I may have a bad com port that my PC reads as good. I'm going to see if I can find a used card with a com port on it at a Goodwill or thrift store, then set it and APE for com2 and see how that goes. I still need to try ASPEQT though...and the settings (R1,DSR,CTS, etc.)

I just wanted to update my situation in this thread and thank everyone for their help again. The main problem was a bad Com port on my PC. I picked up a dual com pci board on e-Bay, with shipping for about $6. My version of Windows A.P.E still won't work, it needs another driver, but the prosystem program to use with the 10502PC interface works fine for putting ATR or PRO images back onto real disks or for making pro images.

As for Atari810 program, it still says it's active but my SIO2PC/8-bit doesn;t recognize it. AspeQT works fine though, and that is what I am currently using to load ATR images. I haven't yet tried APE DOS, through a DOS window, DOSBOX or whatever, so I'll get back to you on that one. I'm sure I could get my APE windows upgraded for free if I e-mail classics, but I've got what I need so I don't know if I'll bother to push the issue. I do prefer APE over AspeQT, it has more features and I can't seem to get AspeQT to always load at faster than 1x speed, though a few times it has loaded stuff faster, though I don't know why. I also miss the drive-swap that APE has. But I'll worry about perfecting the setup later, after I get my modded 1200XL up and running again; right now I'm just using a standard 1200XL.