IGNORED

Season 1 Game 10 *Night Stalker*

post-98-127641273077_thumb.gif post-98-127641270807_thumb.gif

Game Info

Robots, bats, and spiders chase you around a maze in Night Stalker. Players must pick up a gun that is randomly placed in the maze.

The gun provides the player with a certain number of shots. Once depleted, the gun is again placed in a random part of the maze.

Press 1 for medium fast speed

Contest ends on

Sunday, 06-27-2010 at 1:00 AM eastern.

Current High Scores

1. patbb 159,300 [+10]

2. cparsley 127,800 [+9]

3. darthkur 93,500 [+8]

4. JacobZu7zu7 78,200 [+6]

5. ClassicGMR 64,200 [+4]

6. ed1475 33,400 [+2]

7. zylon 29,700 [+1]

8. rgw825 27,000 [+1]

9. roadrunner 23,600 [+1]

Leaderboard

1. cparsley [79 points] 6

2. patbb [61]

3. ClassicGMR [26]

4. ed1475 [24] 1

4. roadrunner [24]

5. darthkur [23]

6. JacobZu7zu7 [22]

7. rgw825 [20]

8. JayWI [15]

8. cmart604 [15]

9. 1980gamer [10] 1

9. jaybird3rd [10] 1

10. jeremysart [9]

11. Cebus Capucinis [7]

12. cvga [6]

13. zylon [5]

14. atariron82 [3]

15. revolutinka [2]

15. BydoEmpire [2]

16. Shannon [1]

16. thegoldenband [1]

16. atari2600land [1]

Numbers in GREEN are numbers of rounds won.

Edited by Mister VCS

I would like to share the strategy I use for this game:

0 @ <5000 points.

I shoot the bats. They always appear at the exact same place so you can stay at the same location and just shoot as soon as the appear.

It's important to stop before reaching 5000 points. To get to 5000 kill the gray robot.

"After 5,000 points, when a bat is shot, this robot takes its place in the maze!"

--------------------------

5000 @ 15000 Bleu Robot

I Stay in the bottom right corner and shoot a bullet before the robot shows up so that the bullet arrives on the left end side when the robot appears.

--------------------------------------

15000 @ 30000 White robot

I hide in the bunker, shoot on the left side just before the robot goes up to the same hight then the corridor above the bunker, hide back in the bunker. Then I wait for the robot to go down on either side of the bunker, I move up so that the gun it just higher than the bunker shoot the robot when it's going up and I return to the bottom of the bunker and repeat the same thing one more time ... that's 3 bullet ... robot down!

--------------------------------------

30000 @ 50000 Black Robot

Same as above, the only difference is that you cannot shoot its lazer.

"Black Robot: After 30,000 points, the black robot appears and advances with power! He is capable of firing white "energy bolts" that absorb the man's bullets on contact."

------------------------------------

50000 @ 80000

I go to the bottom left corner and wait for the robot. I shoot the robot while I cicle around the _| corner.

I you shoot just before the robot gets to the corridor, the lazer will not destroy your bullet.

"After 50,000 points, this robot shoots yellow "energy bolts." These can now crash into the bunker and slowly wear it away. Once the

bunker is gone, there's no safe place for the man to hide. "

------------------------------------------

Above 80000

I don't remember what I was doing back then ...25 years ago :)

I'm not sure if I was trying to get the invisible robot or just run around trying to avoid him and just shoot at the gray robots and the spider:?

"Invisible Robot: He's in the maze after 80,000 points, and is the ultimate aggressor! It's a sneak attack! His bullets are visible. That's your only clue about where he is!"

--------------------------------------------

Notes: Between quotes is fromthe manual

http://www.digitpres...ght_stalker.txt

Ok I remembered how to handle the invisible robot. You can apply the same strategy to the robot >80k (the one that destroy the bunker)

I go to the upper right corner and wait for it.

It usualy arrive from the bottom (see 2nd image letter A or from the left side letter B)

When It's from the Left, make sure that your bullet is as low as possible. This way it will go under the laser. (look at the bullet in the 2nd image)

When it from the bottom, place yourself in the same location as in the 2nd image and shoot at it as soon as it head is at the right hight.

Of course with the invisible robot it's a little bit harder but you should see the laser on the wall while it moving up ... in most cases anyway!

Then if you are lucky, the robot will go down again, if so shoot it again when it comming up. Then it will go right wait for it and shoot up. If this is your second hit move your player right and shoot left.

1st image is my new score: 159300

I lost several life while the invisible robot was around the bunker. As soon as I appear he shoot me.

post-25394-127750731299_thumb.jpg

post-25394-127750731982_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the tips Pat! They help... and I think I can do some better then this, but

here's my score after using the Bunker trick.

I see the bunker gets blown away slowly. lol. I lost two lives being stuck in there with 3 robots looming around it, so I couldn't get out!

:P

The competition ends pretty soon here, so get playing NIGHT STALKER, and maybe recommened some games for the next competiton, so we don't get stuck with ULTRA RARE game and Emulator needed. :roll:

post-3059-127751811747_thumb.jpg

The competition ends pretty soon here, so get playing NIGHT STALKER, and maybe recommened some games for the next competiton, so we don't get stuck with ULTRA RARE game and Emulator needed. icon_rolleyes.gif

I guess Parker's Tutankham is not your favorite game for the next round...icon_wink.gif

-played this rare game at a friends house in the 80ies and 90ies. It is a fine port - better gameplay than the Colecovision and Atari 2600 version!

The competition ends pretty soon here, so get playing NIGHT STALKER, and maybe recommened some games for the next competiton, so we don't get stuck with ULTRA RARE game and Emulator needed. icon_rolleyes.gif

I guess Parker's Tutankham is not your favorite game for the next round...icon_wink.gif

-played this rare game at a friends house in the 80ies and 90ies. It is a fine port - better gameplay than the Colecovision and Atari 2600 version!

I never played play Tutankham.

For me, half the fun is to discover new games.