IGNORED

ebay gone wrong - advice needed.

nofrills100

Kind of my fault - but the seller ain't helping.

Almost 3 weeks ago I spotted a boxed console on ebay in Spain.

I messaged the seller and asked if he shipped worldwide and what the cost would be to either Germany or Australia. He got back to me a told me international shipping was ok but he would do some research regarding cost. I waited and messaged again... he wrote back indicating all was well, not to worry too much about it and that he would get back to me.

So eventually the auction was coming to an end, and still i had no indication of cost, but the seller didn't seem to think it would be an issue.

So I drop my bid and win it.

Email him to confirm the cost... "yeah I will get the rates tonight"

a week later I email again... "tonight I will go to the post office"

I figure I'll send one more email - almost three weeks after winning the item i get €45 to Australia or €25 to Germany - the item cost me €20!

So I email and say "shipping is too expensive" - he opens a claim with ebay and tells me I shouldn't have bid in it.

Ebay tells me I need to pay before the 24th of June - or risk getting an unpaid item strike.

I have never had a strike, and i have 100% feedback of over 160 transactions.

What should i do?

Should I just cop a strike? - does it actually mean anything, given i will probably never get another one again?

Has anyone ever got a strike?

Any advice / abuse / or similar experiences welcome

Take the strike, it is your fault. YOU bid without knowing the cost of shipping. If it was a must have one of a kind then you would just pay it I assume, since you are hesitant to pay I am guessing it's nothing special so just let it go. Unpaid item strikes don't mean anything anyways.

Take the strike, it is your fault. YOU bid without knowing the cost of shipping. If it was a must have one of a kind then you would just pay it I assume, since you are hesitant to pay I am guessing it's nothing special so just let it go. Unpaid item strikes don't mean anything anyways.

its a boxed funvison console... but i'm not sure if the joysticks are funvision?

€65 - it ends up being too much...

but yeah - my fault....

a mis-judgement i guess...

will try and talk it out with the seller

Edited by nofrills100