IGNORED

600XL Badge

could go full ghetto fabulous, and do a whole rice burner thing and use brass, a piece of flat brass stock that could be cut to replace all the brushed aluminum on the face of an XL would probly be less the $10US. then with a good polish it would look almost like gold... (lowering and 24" wheels would be at your descretion. ;')

sloopy.

That reminds me sloopy, I still need to put ground effects in my 800xl... Purple LED's for maximum pimposity

could go full ghetto fabulous, and do a whole rice burner thing and use brass, a piece of flat brass stock that could be cut to replace all the brushed aluminum on the face of an XL would probly be less the $10US. then with a good polish it would look almost like gold... (lowering and 24" wheels would be at your descretion. ;')

sloopy.

That reminds me sloopy, I still need to put ground effects in my 800xl... Purple LED's for maximum pimposity

Actually, ground effects are passe' now. Opposite trend....you RAISE and not lower.

(1) You have to spend every dollar you have, getting your 800XL jacked into the air, enough to accommodate 26" wheels.

(2) You roll with 15" wheels for another year while you save. Remove stock wheel covers to strongly imply ad interim status.

(3) Score (or better yet, steal) 26" rims. Don't wuss out and go 20".

(4) The rest of the condition doesn't matter, as long as the rims are shiny.

sloopy.

Actually, ground effects are passe' now. Opposite trend....you RAISE and not lower.

(1) You have to spend every dollar you have, getting your 800XL jacked into the air, enough to accommodate 26" wheels.

(2) You roll with 15" wheels for another year while you save. Remove stock wheel covers to strongly imply ad interim status.

(3) Score (or better yet, steal) 26" rims. Don't wuss out and go 20".

(4) The rest of the condition doesn't matter, as long as the rims are shiny.

Hahaha - and make sure they are spinners!

For grins, I got out my 1/2" Black on Silver TZ tape cassette and made this on the second try. Clear with black letters on brushed aluminum would be closer, but I don't have any of that particular tape. This was Ariel Narrow, 20 pt. Still a larger font would be closer, also.

-Larry

post-8008-127766838971_thumb.jpg

For grins, I got out my 1/2" Black on Silver TZ tape cassette and made this on the second try. Clear with black letters on brushed aluminum would be closer, but I don't have any of that particular tape. This was Ariel Narrow, 20 pt. Still a larger font would be closer, also.

-Larry

Very nice! :)

Last experiment. I changed the font/size slightly, and the bottom label is as close as I think I can come.

A word of slight caution -- I've had my PT1500PC (PT = PTouch series) for maybe 6 years, and I believe it has been superceded by a newer PC-type. On my labeler the Black on Silver 1/2" tape cassette works fine. It is TZ-M931 which is categorized as a "Specialty Tape" (non-laminated). If you would happen to want a PTouch labeler, check the compatibility. And finally, if buying tapes, check around -- the selling prices/postage vary widely.

-Larry

post-8008-127773039454_thumb.jpg

Last experiment. I changed the font/size slightly, and the bottom label is as close as I think I can come.

A word of slight caution -- I've had my PT1500PC (PT = PTouch series) for maybe 6 years, and I believe it has been superceded by a newer PC-type. On my labeler the Black on Silver 1/2" tape cassette works fine. It is TZ-M931 which is categorized as a "Specialty Tape" (non-laminated). If you would happen to want a PTouch labeler, check the compatibility. And finally, if buying tapes, check around -- the selling prices/postage vary widely.

-Larry

Dude can you print me a ATARI 600XL for me? The bottom one! Ill send you $ via Paypal...

Thanks to yorgle, the 600XL is badged up:

post-21964-127825264102_thumb.jpg

It's been Super Video modded, upgraded to 64K, cleaned with peroxide and sealed with anti-UV lacquer. Now I discover the "H" key isn't working... where's that soldering iron...

Glad it found a good home. Anyone needing other 600xl bits just let me know.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 years later...