IGNORED

More Conduit 2 Info Including Multi-Player

Mendon

I'm one of those that enjoyed The Conduit and have been looking forward to Conduit 2. Today, they announced more info on the game, including that a headset will be included and you'll be able to chat with fellow online players. Some of the new game information.......

- Game can receive remote patches to fix any online problems

- Game comes with with a headset

- Can chat in the lobby, during matches, and in-between matches

- You can become invisible on the radar when using the secondary charge side effect of the SCAR semi-automatic rifle

- Features a perk system similar to Modern Warfare

- Some multiplayer maps might include vehicles

- There is some downtime between matches

- Sticky proximity mines is the alternate fire for the TPC launcher

- 30 suit upgrades

- Unlock weapons in multiplayer with weapon blueprints

- Unlock backgorund materials with conspiracy items

- If you die, a teammate can bring you back to life

- Shoot helmets and armor to expose weakspots

- DLC a possibilities

- Staring at a wall = 70 FPS, Explosions/action = 28 FPS

- 15 multiplayer maps for now

High Voltage really seems to be working hard at making Conduit 2 a great game and I'm looking forward to it now more than ever!!

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

• 2 months later...

Good and bad news.....

Bad: Release date has been pushed back until Q1 of 2011 (Boooooo)

Good: Game will now support Classic and Classic Pro controllers (YAY). Game will also take advantage of Wii-Motion Plus.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More bad news - Conduit 2 release pushed back from February to March 22.

New trailer, with the new weapons, out today as well though:

http://www.ign.com/v...weapons-trailer

i would rather wait than have an inferior game.

Pulled back into April now. I agree though - wait and have a better result. Too many developers are calling the Wii a "GameCube 1.5" but then delivering a GameCube .25 to GameCube .50 result on the system.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was so busy yesterday that I didn't even have a chance to open the shipping box the game came it. I'm making time to give it a good play tonight!

IGN seemed to like it (I think it got a 7) but Game Informer wasn't pleased much at all.

Oh well, I don't think either liked the first game, which I totally enjoyed so I'll make up my own mind.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

I was so busy yesterday that I didn't even have a chance to open the shipping box the game came it. I'm making time to give it a good play tonight!

IGN seemed to like it (I think it got a 7) but Game Informer wasn't pleased much at all.

Oh well, I don't think either liked the first game, which I totally enjoyed so I'll make up my own mind.

Mendon

Game Informer has most often been a huge hater of the system, and their bias of the other two systems if often staggering. The Conduit 2 is a much better game than a 6, but to each its own.

IGN had a much better overall review, which I felt was more fair(7.5). I would probably give this a solid 8 or 8.5.

Edited by swlovinist

I love HVS. If you think about it, they are slowly becoming this generation's Rare. Just when everyone thought the Wii was going to die, The Conduit showed it still had potential. OK, it isn't that drastic, but you get my point. I can see Nintendo and HVS forming a partnership in a few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Just when everyone thought the Wii was going to die,

Only fanboys that don't look at facts think that.

The way some tell the story, you'd swear the Wii's sales suddenly fell overnight from millions to zero ... not that the system is starting to wind down. Not something unusual for a 5 year old console really.

Regardless of where the Wii is in its lifecycle, the console moved 15 million units in Nintendo's most recent fiscal year and 171 million Wii games were sold (for a console that fanboys assert 'no one buys games for').

http://www.nintendo....011/110425e.pdf

Nintendo will cut the price, Wii sales will rebound. Nintendo will release Zelda. Wii sales will rebound. Then the successor appears ... six years into Wii's life.

Edited by DracIsBack

Just when everyone thought the Wii was going to die,

Only fanboys that don't look at facts think that.

The way some tell the story, you'd swear the Wii's sales suddenly fell overnight from millions to zero ... not that the system is starting to wind down. Not something unusual for a 5 year old console really.

Regardless of where the Wii is in its lifecycle, the console moved 15 million units in Nintendo's most recent fiscal year and 171 million Wii games were sold (for a console that fanboys assert 'no one buys games for').

http://www.nintendo....011/110425e.pdf

Nintendo will cut the price, Wii sales will rebound. Nintendo will release Zelda. Wii sales will rebound. Then the successor appears ... six years into Wii's life.

I was just making a comparison. Keywords: IT ISN'T THAT DRASTIC.

Oh well, bad wording on my part probably.

Just now getting the chance to get around to Conduit 2, and I'm only past the first level, but so far I'm quite impressed. The environs are much improved over the first game (and I didn't find the first game to be all the bad, really). There's a lot of comedic moments in there, a great deal of sarcasm, lots of conspiracy theorist stuff to chew on (like in the first game), and a whole boatload of movie references. I even stumbled across one reference to Back to the Future in the very first level. Won't spoil that one for anyone that wants to find it for themselves, but I'll say you'll likely know it when you stumble across it.

Overall I'd say they've done a fine job with the game, and I hope they continue to make more titles in the Conduit series. Although I also hope they refine it a bit and give the game some smarter AI. That would be my only gripe about the game, that the AI in the game is about a dumb as a doorpost. But overall, still a nice game, and a relaxed shooter that looks quite nice on the Wii and plays exceptionally well to boot.

Haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but as I do with all FPS titles, I reserve that goodness for when the main campaign is done and in the books.

I was just making a comparison. Keywords: IT ISN'T THAT DRASTIC.

Oh well, bad wording on my part probably.

No - bad wording on mine. You were commenting on perception and I've noticed this weird "OMG - Wii is dead" perception in the blog community. Was commenting on that thinking as opposed to your post.