IGNORED

Stephen Strasburg card for $102,000!

Miss 2600

That seems excessive to say the least. Granted, this kid is good, but who knows what is going to happen in a year or two. Guys with this kind of heat have broken their own arms by throwing so hard. Not to mention what happens if they find this guy is on the juice or does something crazy. All I have to say is remember Matsuzaka.

• Like 1

Earn over $200 in eBay bucks!!

This card is a 1 of 1. Many more Nolan Ryan rookie cards are in circulation. Ball card values have essentially crashed (and burned). This is definitely a "sell high" on this card. This auction has also had considerable press.

First career loss for Strasburg last night... was to the Kansas City Royals.

• Like 1

Of course you could always bid on my Donkey Kong 3 machine that was used to break an actual world record, of which I have offered to autograph anyway the buyer wants. But of course society deems that worth about $20.50 at the present moment. Making my Donkey Kong 3 machine truly the polar opposite of this baseball card. Life truly is not fair, and I am the shining example of that.

• Like 1

OK, this auction is completely insane! I do not believe anyone would pay almost a million dollars for this card.

Anyway, how much more could this card possibly be worth down the line? If he has a Hall of Fame career, wins multiple Cy Youngs and World Series and is considered one of the greatest pitchers who ever lived, is there any chance this card would be worth more than the crazy bidding it's getting right now?

• Like 1

Rats!!! I really wanted closure on this! Is it still going to be a public auction?

Atarileaf: I'm assuming something hockey related went for $1.2 million.

Paul Henderson's 1972 Canada jersey from the summit series against the USSR - he scored "the goal heard around the world" in that jersey. Fantastic piece of Canadian hockey memorabilia :)

274599.jpg

What would suck even more, what if the top bidder was actually a legit buyer and was willing to pay that huge bid, but because someone earlier on faked bids they retracted at the end to the point where it had to be relisted? Sheesh. In that case though I'd think at the auction's end the high bidder moneybags would probably contact the seller.

I've never sold anything on eBay worth more than $100 or so so I couldn't imagine seeing those numbers and thinking "WOW! No more debt/student loans/what have you" and then having your hopes dashed.

What would suck even more, what if the top bidder was actually a legit buyer and was willing to pay that huge bid, but because someone earlier on faked bids they retracted at the end to the point where it had to be relisted? Sheesh. In that case though I'd think at the auction's end the high bidder moneybags would probably contact the seller.

I've never sold anything on eBay worth more than $100 or so so I couldn't imagine seeing those numbers and thinking "WOW! No more debt/student loans/what have you" and then having your hopes dashed.

I would be mad beyond belief if something happened to a $500k auction. Literally that would pay for my house, my children's college, a good portion of retirement, and maybe a little fun money. I would be buying a copy of Soldier of Fortune and posting an auction of my own =)