IGNORED

darkstar one

xg4bx

• 2 weeks later...

How can they return? Everybody died except for Talby (who got assimulated). ;)

+1 for that reference. The only reason I clicked on this thread was on the odd chance someone actually made a game out of that movie; could be fun, blowing up unstable planets, surfing the phoenix asteroids, "feed the alien" mini-game......Morgan

heres another review.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/22/review-darkstar-one/

There is a lot to do. I played for 18 hours (over the span of two days, mind you) and I managed to uncover just around half of the 300 star systems on the map. I can't promise you won't occasionally be irritated by mission and dialog repetition, but the quantity is definitely there.

4.5/5

• 6 months later...

Just found out about this game. I've only played it for a couple of hours, but it kind of seems like a real successor to Star Raiders. I mean, you tell me the Star Map in your logbook doesn't make you think of Star Raiders. The game seems very open ended, so I'm looking forward to putting more time into it.

After playing this for 10 hours or so, I will say that it's quite boring. I'm going to play it sporadically, but I don't envision any marathon playing sessions. It's a neat game, and very large, but I'm not impressed with the customization of the ship like I thought I'd be. The weaponry isn't that impressive, especially your main laser/s.

I posted this in the Deal Alert as well, but I thought I'd mention it hear as well: if you have a Five Below store nearby, they have this game on sale this week for $5.

Yes it's true, i have the Five Below ad right in front of me. It's really $5!

Go get it people.... I still havn't played it yet... I play too much Halo! hahah

-rick

• 1 month later...

I just started playing it last week... it's an ok game... would have been much

better if they didn't screw up the flight controls.I would say this game is geared

more for the hardcore space sim crowd. Still a good game. And at $5, a steal!

-rick