IGNORED

PAL - Jr. Pac & FailSafe

PacManPlus

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone with a PAL 7800 could test out Jr. Pac-Man for me. It crashes on my NTSC console, which may be normal, but I'd like to verify it works on a real console. Pac-Man Collection and Super Pac-Man run properly on my NTSC console, with the display shifted down a bit, so I was expecting the same behavior from Jr. Pac-Man.

Thanks!!

..Al

Some brief notes.

Failsafe : Unfortunately the colours aren't the best :(. Tank could be a brighter red/orange against the quite dark green background. The first time its ever run it doesn't display the high score chart in the attract sequence. If you get a high score then the high score table is displayed in the attract sequence on subsequent cart power-ups. Seems to be a noticeable "glitch" in sound after the high score chart is displayed, visually it seems to be blank for just a bit too long in the transition. Corrupt display (as per normal in PAL) at the bottom of the high score chart. No display glitches at the top/bottom of the scrolling playfield like there used to be in previous versions.

Jr Pacman : Good colours, maybe maze wall border could be a bit brighter blue - looks like a dark cyan at the moment. I'm not a pacman fan unfortunately. Again the high score chart shows corruption at the screen bottom (as expected in PAL). Attract sequence runs fine.

Both: The high score chart is displayed for around 5 seconds. That seems a bit too short a time to me. No screen rolling or glitches but I've only played both games briefly.

Hope that helps.

Some brief notes.

Failsafe : Unfortunately the colours aren't the best :(. Tank could be a brighter red/orange against the quite dark green background. The first time its ever run it doesn't display the high score chart in the attract sequence. If you get a high score then the high score table is displayed in the attract sequence on subsequent cart power-ups. Seems to be a noticeable "glitch" in sound after the high score chart is displayed, visually it seems to be blank for just a bit too long in the transition. Corrupt display (as per normal in PAL) at the bottom of the high score chart. No display glitches at the top/bottom of the scrolling playfield like there used to be in previous versions.

Jr Pacman : Good colours, maybe maze wall border could be a bit brighter blue - looks like a dark cyan at the moment. I'm not a pacman fan unfortunately. Again the high score chart shows corruption at the screen bottom (as expected in PAL). Attract sequence runs fine.

Both: The high score chart is displayed for around 5 seconds. That seems a bit too short a time to me. No screen rolling or glitches but I've only played both games briefly.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for taking the time to test these, much appreciated. :)

..Al